cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Full HD Information

First of all I want to say that Now TV as a service has been absolutely 5 star for the duration of my time with you. 

Now, I've recently cut the cord in regards to having a full sub from the overpriced Sky in the sitting room and I've put my Now box into replace it.

On my 40" the PQ via Now is substandard to that of Sky. Sound is fine.

Wondering are the plans to roll out a full hd stream across the sports & movies to bring it in line with Netflix & Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Lack of 1080 and surround sound is why I'm not currently considering any further subs to NowTV, but my account remains active and I live in hope.

Although I'm pretty convinced that these things are kept out of NowTV to make Sky more attractive, and NowTV as a gateway product to Sky, or a bargain basement version of Sky without the bells and whistles.

The Roku hardware it runs of is capable of these things, and has been for some time now.

@Anonymous User As @dr_necessitor has said we are due to stream in 1080p by the end of the year. I agree with the staement regarding 4K. In that it is wasted on anything smaller than 32 inches, same for 1080p where quality starts to deterirate with anything above 32 inches

You must have a pretty bad television set to make that statement Smiley Surprised

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Lack of 1080 and surround sound is why I'm not currently considering any further subs to NowTV, but my account remains active and I live in hope.

Although I'm pretty convinced that these things are kept out of NowTV to make Sky more attractive, and NowTV as a gateway product to Sky, or a bargain basement version of Sky without the bells and whistles.

The Roku hardware it runs of is capable of these things, and has been for some time now.

@Anonymous User As @dr_necessitor has said we are due to stream in 1080p by the end of the year. I agree with the staement regarding 4K. In that it is wasted on anything smaller than 32 inches, same for 1080p where quality starts to deterirate with anything above 32 inches

You must have a pretty bad television set to make that statement Smiley Surprised

Nah @Anonymous User I have 2 4K TV's and 1080p and 1 4K 32 inch Monitor and a nice but very expensive 1080p monitor. I'm talking more in terms of PC use really. I suppose no one sits close to a 42-60" TV to notice the pixels on a 1080p panel. I should have stated that though to be fair lol.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now you're making more sense @Tony-D

I take it the long week is getting to you Smiley Wink Smiley LOL

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now you're making more sense @Tony-D

I take it the long week is getting to you Smiley Wink Smiley LOL

Haha @Anonymous User You have no idea. 55 hours i'm doing this week, 5 days in a row. Can't wait for Friday to come so i can have 2 days off 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have a cold one on me this weekend @Tony-D Smiley Happy

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Have a cold one on me this weekend @Tony-D Smiley Happy

Thanks @Anonymous User Will do, maybe more than just the one 🙂