cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Full HD Information

First of all I want to say that Now TV as a service has been absolutely 5 star for the duration of my time with you. 

Now, I've recently cut the cord in regards to having a full sub from the overpriced Sky in the sitting room and I've put my Now box into replace it.

On my 40" the PQ via Now is substandard to that of Sky. Sound is fine.

Wondering are the plans to roll out a full hd stream across the sports & movies to bring it in line with Netflix & Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

45 REPLIES 45
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Good news is NOW TV have announced they will bring 1080p streaming as an option at some point later this year. It's a case of wait and see for info on pricing, devices and when though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy!

Looking forward to the upgrade, obviously it will be all about your broadband connection but I'm lucky enough to be on 320mb and this won't be an issue for the best quality outputted.

Happy days 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mate 

This may be a bot late but just read your post . We purchased a HD now tv Box , we get al sports HD and the movies also .. was £20. Quality is great 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just switch my tv on for sky sports football and for some reason it had hd beside sky sports on the logo. I do not know if it's a test or there are about launch 1080p streams or what.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The HD previously, or currently, streamed by Now TV services is 720. Which is still technically high definition compared to dvd, but isn't HD as in the standard accepted meaning of the abreviation HD which is 1080.

But you can get away with calling something HD if it's 720.

720 is great if you're used to watching DVD quality, but not so good if you're used to watching 1080 and your tv is larger than 42"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

...of course loads of users now have 4K sets which the competing services are tackling.

Presumably the NowTV answer to that one is go fully fledged Sky subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lack of 1080 and surround sound is why I'm not currently considering any further subs to NowTV, but my account remains active and I live in hope.

Although I'm pretty convinced that these things are kept out of NowTV to make Sky more attractive, and NowTV as a gateway product to Sky, or a bargain basement version of Sky without the bells and whistles.

The Roku hardware it runs of is capable of these things, and has been for some time now.

Earlier this year (during their Q3 results announcement, if I recall correctly), it was announced that 1080 HD will be available on NOW TV “later this year”.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I've heard "sometime this year". Now that oodles of customers have already got 4K equipment, so now it's safe to give NowTV it, as the carrot big Sky now has is 4K.

1080, although fine for my own use and plenty of others too, has been commonplace for like over a decade already. And only now are they saying NowTV customers can have it. Shows the strategy going on behind the scenes that these other bells and whistles are kept for Sky subscribers, and to tempt NowTV users onto Sky after they've sampled the content, but want to see and hear it properly.