cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finish setting up your account

I've signed up to fab fibre broadband and I've had an email to say I need to complete my online account before my NOW TV Broadband can go live but when I click the link it takes me to passes and vouchers so does this mean I need to buy a pass.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. No you don't need to buy a pass. Pop onto live chat and ask for a broadband advisor when you get connected, they should be able to help. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. No you don't need to buy a pass. Pop onto live chat and ask for a broadband advisor when you get connected, they should be able to help. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went on live chat and they said if the passes page is appearing your account has been set up correctly so you have done everything you need to do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quite a few people have complained that they receive emails saying that their online account isn't property set up and that when they click on the link to add their

NOW TV account number

Email address

last 4 digits of their payment card

postcode

....that the link goes straight to a 'Buy TV passes'.  So if this keeps happening to new customers, why doesn't NOW TV correct this as it seems from a previous post that customers don't need to buy passes.  Can you please answer this NOW TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a new customer going through the signing up process today I also look forward to hearing the answer to your question from NOW TV. 

After far too many failed attempts to follow the emailed link to 'Finish setting up your account' as it was 'Important: you need to complete your online account before your NOW TV Broadband can go live', the frustration had thoroughly set in and I wondered if I had done the right thing switching to Now Broadband and whether to just cancel my order. 

Thankfully I joined this forum and saw a post from a user who had been told by a Now TV agent that if the  link in the welcome email directed them to the Buy TV Passes page they were in fact already set up. 

Not such a good start for me NOW TV but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it does not go downhill from here!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would ignore the message where i believe it's a bug in their system when ordering the broadband service.

I have set up three different broadband accounts now for members of my family and each time i got this message which i ignored and didn't have any problems when going live.

To see if your broadband order is being processed and going through the nowtv system, go to My Account > Orders & Appointments.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

Thanks very much for the advice - and I can certainly ignore the problem now that I am 'in the know'.

If Now TV are struggling to fix this bug though they could maybe add a little bit to their emails to inform customers that if the link takes them to that page they are good to go - wouldn't be half so stressful for us delicate little technophobes 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @schnapps

Thanks very much for the advice - and I can certainly ignore the problem now that I am 'in the know'.

If Now TV are struggling to fix this bug though they could maybe add a little bit to their emails to inform customers that if the link takes them to that page they are good to go - wouldn't be half so stressful for us delicate little technophobes 🙂 

I don't think it's a bug, it's just them being insidious and trying to get more money out of new custormers that panic and buy a voucher. It's a marketing ploy, they know very well what they're doing and there's no reason to get rid of it. At least not from their perspective.

Would anyone else be able to confirm that I can safely ignore that "complete your account" message or do I need to go into the live chat for my broadband to go live?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is still happening. 

Bad way to start for a new client, making him lost the time looking for information or in he worst case making him to pay more. 

Anyway, the email is malicious, it says you can't go live without buying something else and it looks like is totally false. 

That should be amended without questions.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a new box and I'm trying to set it up but not sure about putting bank details online what do I do and need it set up