cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer not turned up

I was expecting an engineer to come today but failed to turn up, I was given a time in between 8am and 1pm on the 20th March which is today. I have waited in all day but I’m unsure what to do as new to using now tv. Please can u help me and get back to me.
Regards Louise
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
I was expecting an engineer to come today but failed to turn up, I was given a time in between 8am and 1pm on the 20th March which is today. I have waited in all day but I’m unsure what to do as new to using now tv. Please can u help me and get back to me.
Regards Louise

If you haven't got this sorted. Give me a shout on here @Anonymous User as i know what's happened here 🙂

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you had broadband at your address before with different provider you may not need Engineer.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Regards Louise

If you haven't got this sorted. Give me a shout on here @Anonymous User as i know what's happened here 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Seems my complaint is well documented but here goes anyway - a whole day of annual leave from work wasted due to engineer not turning up.

What was reason, what happens next and it better occur soon because my old provider cuts off all service in a matter of days and I'll be away. Not a great start to a new contract. GRR!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is someone able to help me with this? My engineer hasn't turned up and I have no way to contact Now TV or Openreach.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You need to contact NowTV (use this link page below where there is a telephone number to phone).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer booked for 1 to 6pm to put line in as only cable here as we had Virgin. No show, rang now at 645pm they said they would get back to me at 7 but didnt.. .door knocks at 735pm engineer apologising for being late but pitch black and no way could we allow drilling at that time of night also health and safety of the engineer working in the dark... due to elderly lady next door. Phoned first thing next morning and had call by later by a very pleasant man who said they would contact me this week or next week ie engineer...have no internet since cancelling virgin over 2 weeks now and data on my phone running low..anyway I read about compensation but to be honest I would rather just have it up and running with a date for the engineer...pleeesssssee

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has happened to me today (31 August) waited in 8am - 1pm as advised but nobody has turned up. Been trying to call/live chat but not getting through. This service it terrible! Can anyone help?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This happned to me today. Now tell me they can't advise me of anything until they receive the day's BT Openreach notes after 6pm this evening. My internet was supposed to have been live on Tuesday, no engineer required. Wednesday it was still not working, after 50 minutes on hold to Now they discovered I did in fact require an engineer. This was booked for 8am-1pm today however nobody turned up. 

Apologies for the rant, I'm losing a lot of money as I'm self employed and rely on the internet, my only reason for going with Now was because they could install the soonest!!

Could you tell me if your issue was resolved quickly please and how you went about this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here! Stayed home from work, engineer didn't turn up, phoned up and they just said the engineer might be late but they have no idea when they will turn up.

Next day tried plugging my router in anyway and it works fine. Although my online account says that an engineer turned up and everything is working!

My advise if you have an existing connection for a router in your house don't take time off work to wait for an engineer, just wait until the next day and plug the router in yourself. They will just waste your time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So nowtv are obviously a joke company. Same thing happened to me today and they're no better at this engineer visit gig. Completely regret signing up already. Is it too late to cancel the contract at this stage if they're so useless? Minus 1 star!