cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Email - payment overdue

I have just received an email saying that my payment cannot be taken for my broadband - nothing wrong with my card or bank account and there's more than enough money to cover the payment. Interestingly a newly set up (this is the first month) additional pass has been taken. So again it can't be an issue with my card or bank account. 

This happened last month (when it was just the broadband package) and it took me days to actually get to speak to someone - I tried the live chat *which isn't now live, and they couldn't resolve it) 

I ended up hanging on the phone for 2 hours before getting through to someone who assured me that there appeared to be nothing wrong with my card and that a test payment of 10p had shown it was working. They said it would be fine for April but that I would have to pay the March payment as a one-off amount over the phone.  So now it's happened again and live chat is not available. 

I cannot understand why NowTV cannot take the payment - my bank doesn't understand either as they are taking one payment and not the other. 

The threat of being cut of at the present time, through no fault of my own is both annoying and concerning. Any ideas how to get to the bottom of this and get it sorted?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got through to lovely woman at call centre - sorted but it is a known online issue and even if you put your card details in again, as I did, the changes aren't taking effect. Seems only solution is to call them. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi RomaGeek

on what number there are none displayed that i can find.

I am a key worker working from home supporting clients like hospitals, emergency services,internet providers, banks, data centres etc.. i can't let my internet go down

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I used this number 03303 323 050
There waa a long wait but once i spoke to someone it got sorted out. 
Apparently there is a glitch in their payments software!

Best of luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They havent taken my payment today and if they cut me off I will go to trading standards. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto! Happened to me as well!

What an absolute joke of a company,seriously!

Impossible to contact easily too!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I did eventually get through to customer services and the lady sorted out my problem after Romageek advised this number 03303 323 050.I still think a direct debit would be a better option as your bank account does not expire.Regards Dave
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Direct Debit would be better for us in some ways, but the Continuous Payment Authority is better for NowTV; it’s more flexible for them, and gives less rights to us.

For instance, people who think they have been overcharged for Passes could just ask their bank to refund them, and leave the issue for NowTV to sort out, instead of the situation now where a refund is at NowTV’s discretion, and only after you have battled your way to actually consult with anyone at NowTV.

So NowTV have much more control over errors and disputes this way. Which I don’t think is a bad thing, necessarily.

As regards expiry, a CPA taken out on a card before it expired continues in force as long as the supporting bank account continues in force, i.e. the same as a Direct Debit in this way.

And there is even a mechanism by which when a card changes, especially in a Lost or Stolen situation, the new card is notified to NowTV so they can seamlessly switch to it for future payments unaffected by the old card being actively stopped. Which is also, usually, to your benefit.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I see your point over CPA but I have like you experienced problems.Mine stemmed from an expired original card that had been replaced by the bank after they detected attempted fraudulent transactions on my account carried out in America.It seems the automatic update from the bank to Now TV doesn't work so well.