cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dreadful customer service

It is impossible to contact customer service. The automated bot is just dreadful as it fails to ask the question I need and the only other option is to return ever higher back up the question funnel until you arrive back the start.

How on earth do you contact customer service?

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Is it TV passes or broadband you are trying to seek Now TV staff for? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband. I signed up and never received any confirmation email of either my purchase or details of when the engineer will visit despite the Thank You page saying I would received them.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can find the broadband free from number on the link below. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

In the link you’ll also have the option for Live chat (not the bot).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So there is a number to call ... but you need make a complaint to use it! How on earth are you supposed to find that URL? Seriously. Their calls to action on the site make the chat feature stand out hence that was the route I took. Chat bots are useless at the best of times. Customers are lead to believe there's someone on the other end when in fact it's just a hoax. Even now after your message I still wouldn't know where to go on my Account page to find the page you've suggested.

I already submitted feedback along the same lines of this post through a prompt asking if I was happy with my experience, or similar. I think it's awful they rely on the community to answer their questions. Sounds like a cop out to me. They are clearly using COVID and a 'lack of staff' as an excuse for poor customer service. (It's not just NOW TV. It's also Plus Net, PC World.)

Also, why would you need to go down the complaints route just to get something done? If my question has been easy to answer in the first place I wouldn't need to complain.

I so rarely post on forums or send complaints but this is wearing me down something rotten!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The free from number is not only there when you raise a complaint.

When you “speak to someone” on chat with Amazon or Netflix do you believe you are actually talking to someone? 

Live chat means you speak with someone and not the “helpful bot” which is basically FAQs.

As for the broadband team number, you can call it with or without submitting a complaint. 

All I did was point you in the direction to get the number. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your replies. I'm grateful.

Well, again, the text in the page is very clear. The title of the page is 'How to make a complaint' and the text says:

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW TV advisor.

And there's nothing on the page to say it's for any other type of query.

I know how chat bots work and when you get through to someone it's very clear. The difference between a chat bot and real person is as clear as day. Chat bots are usually so bad they don't answer your question (as per today), give you no direction where to go and find help, and put you off wanting to go any further.

Thanks again.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @gavs82008 

Hi Robin

I would just like to add one point to what you said and as a supplement to my forum colleagues Gavs post. 

You said, "I so rarely post on forums or send complaints but this is wearing me down something rotten!"  Have you ever thought to explore "user forums" before signing up for a new service, after all these forums are a wealth of information.

Nuff said.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I didn't think receiving an automated email on completion of purchase would even warrant a second thought let alone considering searching a user forum to see if it would be an issue.

It beggars belief it's even a thing.

As you rightly say, 'nuff said.