cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does broadband really activate up to midnight, or is there no hope after 5ish?

Activation date is today, but it's 16:30 and still nothing. It seems odd to give a time of 'up to midnight'. Do the engineers really work into the night?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@marcosscricen
All I know is whoever is that Openreach have to pass order off as complete once NOW TV gets that they should email you but what I’ve done in past is just connect hub up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@marcosscricen
Yes that what happens have to wait until midnight but check your phone to see if you have a dial tone but do this after 6pm.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for response - I don't have a home phone to connect (don't need it even though the phone service is included). The instructions say not to connect the modem until activation confirmed.

Do you have any idea what's happening late in the evening?

I can imagine engineers having to physically connect things up during the day, but all the non-physical stuff I'd have thought would be almost instant once that's done, if there's no humans actually needed to do anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@marcosscricen
All I know is whoever is that Openreach have to pass order off as complete once NOW TV gets that they should email you but what I’ve done in past is just connect hub up.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - I just plugged in and it all worked, even though the status page still says it's not activated...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
Your NOW TV account should update after midnight to say broadband active or in early hours of morning.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today is my activation day and its nearly 4pm. I don't truat them do tell me they have activated it until about midnight so i might just plug it in now. 

Is there any chance me plugging it in before the email is going to wreck it or something? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

There is no problem plugging in and powering up your router now if you wish, if today is your live nowtv activation date.

Once you see the three solid green lights permanently on the front of the Hub router you know then that the internet is live and ready to use.

I have done three nowtv broadband switch overs now myself, one went live about 3pm, another at around 7pm and another at 8pm.

If nothing happens by midnight, give the nowtv broadband team a call first thing tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed everything will be up & running before the midnight deadline date.