cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you need to return router when you've cancelled broadband

Hey all,

Do any of you know if you need to return your Now Hub router thingy when you cancel your broadband package?

At some point I'll be cancelling my broadband and moving out (I'm a student, so not transferring my package), and I'm just wondering if I need to return it like with Virgin and where the return box would be sent.

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You do not have to return the router to NOW TV following cancellation or end of contract, unless you want them to recycle it for you (which is a service that they are obliged to offer).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

You do not have to return the router to NOW TV following cancellation or end of contract, unless you want them to recycle it for you (which is a service that they are obliged to offer).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good to know, maybe I'll have fun with openwrt with it, and maybe even sell it on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone

I will cancel my subscription before my contract expires. I know I will pay a fine for this. However, what should I do for the router, I couldn't get an answer from NOWTV. I don't want to pay for the router.

many thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Call the team using the number in my signature. 

From my memory you just need to recycle it or keep it if you plan to rejoin at some point.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi everyone

I will cancel my subscription before my contract expires. I know I will pay a fine for this. However, what should I do for the router, I couldn't get an answer from NOWTV. I don't want to pay for the router.

many thanks

I don't believe you will be required to return the router, but they offer a free return service if you want to be "green".

How do I return my old NOW equipment? (nowtv.com)

Orders & returns (nowtv.com)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is Openwrt even possible on this router?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User I wouldn't have thought so, but feel free to try to brick it if you like. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz

I was asking as I saw that "totalwise" mentioned it so was curious if he had managed it. 

(See 2nd post in this thread) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to know how to return my router, I would like the router to be recycled.

Thanks