cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do I need to cancel my previous service?

I'm shortly moving house and have ordered Now Broadband for the new property. I currently have Sky Broadband at my current property.

I can see from the online guidance that if you switch to Now Broadband, you don't need to tell the previous provider as Now Broadband will do it for you. However, as I'm moving house and have ordered Now Broadband for the new property, we're not technically 'switching' services. It's more like we're ending the service at the old property and starting a new service at the new one. Do I need to get in touch with my previous provider (Sky) to cancel the service at my old property?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Old provider —-> New provider. That’s switching,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

@Anonymous User 

Normally you would not have to do anything, as @RoyB indicates (and your own research confirms) the new provider takes care of everything relating to a switch of provider including sorting out your old provider.

But, as you are moving house, and you’ve already ordered NOW Broadband for your NEW address, I believe that you DO need to tell Sky that you need to cancel their service at  your OLD address!

Too late now but an alternative approach could have been to request Sky to do a house move from old address to new address, and then (AFTER completing the house move) order NOW Broadband at the NEW address to achieve a switch.