cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Credit for Cancellation

My final bill after cancelling my broadband service shows a Credit for Cancellation, and says it was "Paid on 22 Mar". However this credit has not been refunded into my bank account yet (as of 24 Mar). Is the refund automatic, or do I need to ask someone at NOW TV for it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got in touch via live chat, and was told that although the refund should be automatic, they could process it there and then and it would be in my account within 5 days. A few days later I received a refund.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Anything showing under My Account > Bills & Payments whilst logged in on here (click any arrows next to a payment or credit to expand on the screen information).

If you are not desperate for the money yet, maybe give it another couple of days due to the coronavirus crises which is having an effect on all businesses and might be the reason for the slight delay.

Or otherwise get in touch with NowTV using one of the communication methods shown on the link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got in touch via live chat, and was told that although the refund should be automatic, they could process it there and then and it would be in my account within 5 days. A few days later I received a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I notice a few weeks ago that  more money was taken from my account from the company that  shouldn't  have. its been a nightmare with (NOWTV)  to try and get refund .  16/04/2021 was when I called them up and the lady said 5 working days we all know this . its the 23/04/2021 and still waiting . I have already send an email, live chat , forms. 

however been told today that refund could take until 5 pm.  (7pm later) still no refund. Look I know that the company  will sort it but what I don't like is employees lying to me and to cut me off just because  I wouldn't  give up in letting them take my money and to forget . 

will update when I hear anything .But I thought I get my point across this is more a less  NOWTV taking more then they should and taking days or weeks to reply and being lied to.

😭

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Y-2-Bad (very cool handle)

There's a couple of things you can do:

1)  Contact you bank or credit card company and complain that more money has been taken from your account than authorised.  You will probably have to provide proof of what should be taken and what was taken instead, but you should be able to get your refund.

2)  You could contect Resolver, they can intervene on your behalf and help you to get the refund you are after, their URL is as follows:

https://www.resolver.co.uk/complaints/telecoms-complaints

UK Bob