cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contract renewal - existing contract shortened due to new renewal date

Having just just renewed my 12 month contract (at a higher price of course!) I  imagined that the contract would just roll on from the expiry date.  It doesn't.  You are presented with a new contract from the date of renewal which in this case is almost a month earlier.  So in essence, if you want to be efficient and sort these things out in plenty of time, your original contract is short changed by a month.  I have tried every which way to request that the original contract is simply rolled on albeit at the higher price but have hit a brick wall.

I have even tried on-line to press the complaints button but it transfers me to a page which wittily tells me that 'like unicorns this page doesn't exist!'  Lets hope that their customers don't follow suit!  Surely the simple solution is to renew the contract from the expiry date but no I'm told it can't be done.  Has anyone else come across this problem please?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ran into the same problem. To get my existing payment plan continued I was told I would need to allow my existing contract to expire completely and then sign-up as a new customer.

I argued witht heOperator for 10 minutes that this was a stupid business plan until she escalated to her supervisor - presumably just to get me off her line so she could move onto the next call.

Her Supervisor, as it turns out, is able to grant certain special deals and incentives. One of which was to allow me to continue with my existing terms and conditions and payments.

This is of course utter madness, but there you go - get a human on the line and bang away relentlessly until they grant you a special dispensation. It took 20 minutes in total.

Best of Luck to ya!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hiya,
Well done for that. If we were all like that we may be listened to as real customers. It's a ludicrous system that they operate. The person whom I spoke to advised me to keep an eye on their website through the year and if a better deal was on offer (as if) then I could roll the contract on for a year from that date. However, you try to find any information anything like that on-line. I phoned them after a couple of weeks to enquire where I might find it only to be told there weren't any deals at present. All very vague.

Good luck in the future.