cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lukewarm

Contract membership

Hello. I received an email notification that prices of broadband membership plans will be going up by £3. I have a 1-year contract with NOW, so why is this increase applicable to my case? The quality of the broadband has also been quite unreliable, so it is a bit frustrating!

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lukewarm 

This will affect everyone, read this.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/changes-to-your-broadband-membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Lukewarm
Yes, but what happens to the 1-year contract? We can leave the contract
without penalty, so surely NOW can't increase the promised price either?
RoyB
Legend

@Lukewarm 

Unlike lots of other internet providers, Now do not factor in regular (say annual) price increases. But neither do they offer deals that are fixed for a certain period (say annual) either.

Instead, they do what they are doing here. They offer you a choice; pay the extra and stay a Now Broadband customer, or leave without penalty so that you are not subject to a forced price increase.

I think that’s a pretty ethical arrangement.

So if you don’t want to pay the extra, have a look round, see if you can find a better deal with a different ISP, and migrate to them without penalty.

Or if you can’t find a better deal, maybe just suck it up 😢

One thing to be aware of, though, is that most ISPs won’t be able to offer you the landline telephone service you get with Now, if you use that, and you will need to migrate the service to VoIP.

No biggie if you are already all-mobile, or you can go to that, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite 2

I havent had tis yet, no doubt it will be coming.

I first thought it was an old thread that had bubbled up to the top ( not sure what the forum maintenance did but this place is still a shambles)

FAQs/info is here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/changes-to-your-broadband-membership

Now is a good time to look at how much you pay now and how much you will pay if it goes up by £3/month . Shop around and if broadband/internet is cheaper elsewhere move , your "loyalty" ( if you had any) to Now is only as good as your last deal - Now only want you as a customer to either make up customer numbers or to make money ( prefferably both)