cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contact cancel

Hi I change my internet provider When I call they said I don’t need to do anything new providers giving notice to Now they said then I talk with order provider for change they are said same I don’t have to worry about it they will do, but I’m not comfortable because I pay for first Month try £25 pound so do I will get that money back or not from Now nobody email me for this issue I just want to be sure is everything alright 

3 REPLIES 3
chilli2
Elite

If you are changing provider, its really important that you do not cancel your old one , this is assuming that you are moving form one open reach provider to another

.Under that situation the process of moving from one ISP to another  is called a migration.

If you let the new provider deal with it then this is what should happen:

new provider contacts openreach and your current (Now?) provider, you will get an email fro Now saying something along the lines of sorry you are leaving/important information about your account and after approximately 14 days everything switches over without much hassle or fuss.

Cancel and join a new ISP, this is called a cease and re-provide and as you may guess it takes significantly longer - that is assuming there isnt a waiting list on your exchange and/or the street  cabinet isnt fully allocated.

For a cease, your current ISP will put a cancellation into openreach, who will then physically disconnect your line this can take upto 14 days if it goes smoothly  ,you will lose your number and the line will go dead.

Your new provider will need to establish a new connection, sometimes form scratch, openreach will have to physically re-connect your line this may also invovle an engineer to visit to ensure that the "new" connection is functioning correctly , if you work you will need to take some time off to allow for this.

If you have what is called a full cabinet this means that there are no spare slots left for you to get FTTC  broadband if there is a waiting list then your lines goes to the bottom of that list and the slot/connection previously occupied by your line goes to the next person on the list ( not you) you will then have to wait and put up with slower ADSL until  someone else to cancels or a larger cabinet is installed.

A few qeustions:

Why do you want to leave?

Who are you planning on moving to ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn’t get any mail from Now they didn’t let me know but from other provider I saved talk just in case if I need to prove or something else, I didn’t want leave but Now broadband only working with adsl and my hause have fiber and this is working with WAN openreach made it they give me little box and I have to use this said, so they cancel my adsl socket and when I join to Now I contact and explain everything then they said openreach will come to change it so after that 2 week pass nobody come even I hade appointment for it then I hade enough then after I go back my old provider

Jayach
Elite 3

I must say, from you post, I can't work out if you are leaving or joining Now.

Please try asking again, and we may be able to advise.