cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled installation - v poor customer experience

So when openreach installer came, I said I'd like the line for phone and broadband installing in my bedroom. Engineer said he can't as he hasn't been authorized to install elsewhere...(we had a v old bt phone socket downstairs in the landing which he said he must use). When I read nowtv info about what to expect from the engineer visit it says that the engineer will try to install the phone line and router in a location that suits me, well that was a complete lie. Nowhere have nowtv made a mention that the engineer will just reconnect an old line if it exists in your property. So as I wasn't home at the time my parents just told the engineer to go away while we sort out the location of the socket installation via nowtv.

Btw the engineer said the location of the new router would pose a tripping hazard as the phone socket was on one side of the door and power socket for the router was on the other side of the door opening so there would be trailing wires across the door opening...when speaking to nowtv about this hazard, they just dismissed it and said it will cost them too much money to pay openreach to move the line. The issue is about safety and all they can think about is money...v sad times we live in. And this was a supervisor not the original call centre chap who came to this conclusion. I sent them photos to no avail.

Anyway...I thought I'd still try to get them to just reconnect and get my virginmedia number transferred over as originally requested and confirmed by nowtv. Well without notice nowtv just cancelled by installation and order with just an email message ! No phone call from them but telling me to call them to discuss further... Well after calling nowtv probably 5 or 6 times before this email, each time being told there would be around a 15min wait which turns out to be 1hr on hold...I gave up and just thought why am I carrying on with a company who aren't honest and try to attract customers with false information. Never again...I hope others get to read this before making the same poor decision to go with nowtv as I did...please avoid this company as it stands at the moment!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now t.v. should be reviewed because I have a strong feeling something fishy is happening behind the scenes money gets taken out randomly. Look in my account they take out 10ps like 30times. Over charged and don't notify me that they are taking payments every 2weeks