cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancel Broadband before activation

Hi,

I would like to cancel my now broadband account before it get's activated and the kit sent.  

The only option is to contact live chat, but the I always get transferred to broadband team, and this process never finishes.  I cannot reach the broadband team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

i am having same problem, cannot get through on phone messages sent not answered.

will revert to telling bt not to allow transfer.

stick with the pros i guess.

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User I will send you both an email now ok?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello can I get someone to email I’m way to become homeless and I’ve not been with you very long I need to cancel

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly sorry to hear about your situation it must be dreadful, where i hope you get back on your feet soon.

If you open the link below and click on the green arrow on the second sub heading under "I want to cancel without switching" there will be a green link email address that you can email directly to the NowTV Broadband Team.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-broadband 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cancelling NOWTV broadband before going live!!! DO NOT DELAY

The only way I could cancel NOWTV after spending days trying to get an answer, searching though there so called website, for the ‘cancel link’ and being sent through endless loops of useless pages, with NO direct ability to cancel was to go back to BT my broadband subscriber.

Free 0800 telephone number and answered in 2mins, and explained that I had tried to cancel but getting no response by messages or phone calls, they said they will stop the transfer Immediately and possibly report to ofcom.

After a 20 min discussion, I was offered to find another broadband provider or if I stayed with BT a £8 reduction, if I renewed to an 18month contract. My line rental + free weekend calls + 55Mb unlimited broadband. Total cost £20/month.

I will never use sky products again; I should have headed my experience back in the eighties with sky on Astra.

Funnily within 20mins of my call to BT, I started getting emails with a phone number to call and offer to use ‘live chat’ (LMFAO) really, sorry not costing myself anymore infinity calls to NOWTV. Think my calls so far run into about £20. Courtesy voucher would be nice but not likely and refund of £9.99 for router.

Not sure how long this message will be here. hope it saves you from future nightmare here.

I really don’t think companies should be allowed to trade like this.

I was never a great fan of BT, but in this case they saved the day.

Sorry if you all get stuck here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had a similar problem, thought I had cancelled by phone but then a day and a half later got email saying kit has been dispatched and then checked online to find that the cancellation had been  "stopped" and "Thanks for sticking around". What is going on??

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I know its rediculous that you can't manage to cancel this. I had a txt that the modem is being delivered today.

I may have to tell my bt provider to stop the transfer and let them deal with it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi mate is yours all sorted?

have you got a contact number for them handy?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to cancel before activation but cant get through via phone or live chat either!!