cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kt64su
Advocate

Can't get through to customer service

I've made several calls this afternoon to the cancellation line, but I get a message that they are closed, and to call back tomorrow during opening hours. 

Any idea why they would be closed at 1pm on a Thursday?

15 REPLIES 15
newmac
Mentor

I'm having the same problem. This is absolutely ridiculous. What sort of company is shut to customers at 2pm on a Thursday afternoon?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@kt64su @newmac 

Try the number from the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
newmac
Mentor

No good, they're still closed once you get through the options.

How about a NOW employee coming onto the forum to explain what's going on?

redchiz1
Champion 2

That would be nice, but they don't generally do so. Although it is most unusual for the phonelines to be closed like this. I can only imagine they are having some technical issues and suggest you try again later. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@newmac 

Interesting! And not in a good way ☹️

@Simon-J do you know what’s going on with the broadband call centre?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like this is the reason (see screenshot below taken from NOW Twitter Help).

youdoodle-2023-05-25T17-14-26Z.jpg

kt64su
Advocate

I did go and try and find something on Twitter (even though I closed my account recently because I dislike the way the company is going), and only found a Now TV account that said there were no tweets.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Thanks @schnapps although I hate it that companies seem to rely on Twitter as their main source of information, especially for those of who prefer not to be Twits, especially after an account has been hijacked.  😕

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @redchiz1 

I don't know if they also posted about the days training on NOW Facebook or NOW Instagram where I don't use those two social media outlets.

Though it would have helped if NOW put up a red service banner to inform NOW forum members on their website help centre section (at least they would have an idea about the reason not getting through to the NOW Cancellation Dept by phone especially if it wasn't highlighted on their automative telephone answer message when customers called it).