cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I upgrade my Now TV Broadband during my contract?

Hello - 

I am looking to purchase Now TV Broadband.  I'm looking at the Fab Fibre package but I want to know whether I can upgrade from Fab Fibre to Super Fibre at any time?

Thanks,
Adam 

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Now is normally contract free as it is subscription service. It may depend on whether you have taken out a 12 month offer. But ring the broadband help line, you can reach it from "my account" section and ask them. The answer will be "no" if you don't ask.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
RoyB
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User 

NowTV Broadband comes in two flavours; month to month, like the Passes, but with a £60 setup fee, and with a minimum one year term and the setup fee waived.

Otherwise, same monthly price, but you can’t get Super Fibre on No Contract, just the lower two speeds.

NowTV bruit their No Contract option about at first, and then stop talking about it. To confirm the pricing, I had to go to a third party site and lie about my postcode. How stupid is that?

And what is the betting that if you have a month, or a few months, at that introductory rate, drop out for a bit but come back, that you will no longer be eligible for that rate any more, even if you are still in the first year?

But as regards upgrading, on contract, to a higher speed, every piece of documentation I can find seems to indicate that NowTV has never envisaged that customers might want to do this; nothing in the contract, nothing in the blurbs.

Maybe it can’t be done; maybe you have to go onto the regular rate. Or maybe it’s sensible and fair, and you get the rest of the first year at the Super Fibre introductory rate. who knows?

And don’t even get me started on moving to a lower speed package 🙂

So you will need to ask the question, Adam; and when you do, can you ask NowTV to put this all in their documentation, either way?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB @Anonymous User 

Just to let you know you can upgrade your NowTV Broadband during your contract (subject that you can get the higher tier service at your home address and accept the price increase) by going to My Account > Broadband & Calls and under your Broadband Plan click the drop down arrow where it gives you a telephone number to call to speak to the NowTV Team to change your Broadband Plan.

Also there is a small section mentioned about this towards the bottom of this linked help guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/glossary-of-broadband-speed-terms

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

Well found!

Though ‘Call to discuss’ doesn’t exactly sound like a published tariff....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i tried to upgrade to super broadband, even though im in my first month, i was told i would have to pay £35 a month not the £30 a month (after 45 min hanging on to get a person on the line). once i get the chance i will jump ship to get higher speed at lower price. i wish i had picked the higher speed at the start. fingers burnt