cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I Choose A Future Activation Date

Yesterday when I got to the final steps of purchasing the Now Super Fibre Broadband it says it would go Live on 20th December. However my contract with my current provide ends on 5th Jan 2022

Is it possible to somehow choose a future activation date of my choice? Obviously it would be the 5th/6th Jan 2022

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Call the broadband to see what can be done.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Meant to add I have not actually signed up yet. I stopped when the Activation/Go Live date was before my contract ends with my current provider

Can I use the complaints form to ask about Activation Dates being changed?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Yes its effectively the broadband helpline. 

There is another way to show the number that doesn't mention "complaints" but its a bit of a pain to get to it.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Switch dates are generally 14 days forward from the order date. So put it off a bit and you should be fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz1 

I was just thinking about the current offers on.

Knowing my luck they will end soon

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Understood, if you want to go ahead now rather than risk losing out then the worst that can happen is that your existing provider might charge you a few days early termination fees, if there is a 30 day notice period then even that may not apply. Check their T&Cs. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz1 

I understand it is 14 days notice in order to cancel, and if I am moving to another provider, my current provider should accept a new providers order notification as notice. The notice period starts from the time my current provider receives the cancellation request

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User OK, well feel free to see if NOW can defer the activation date, my instinct is that this is unlikely as it is probably a fully automated order process that triggers an Openreach appointment on the appropriate date. Nowt wrong in trying though, let us know how you get on.