Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Caller Display not available until end of the month

Hi,

I switched from SKY to NOW on 16/03.

Whilst with SKY I had caller display.

I knew I had to contact NOW to have this activated on my account so I did so via live chat on 11/03 and was informed it would be on when I switched to NOW.

You can probably guess, but to cut a long story short it wasn't activated. On to Live chat again and informed it was now activated, again it was not.

Telephoned NOW and was informed that there was a technical issue with caller display and it would not be availabe until the end of the month, they hope.

My mother, who switched to NOW last week, still has caller display working.

As I switched from SKY I'm still using my SKY router, not the NOW one. Everything works so I fail to see why caller display has stopped.

Anybody else having issues with caller display?   

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Escalate it. They fixed mine in less than 48 hours 2 days ago. Someone else was told the same and they also got it within a few hours of complaining

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Mine was the same. I only found out when I phoned my Mother. I also had to phone again to get them to deactivate it. They said it would be fixed in 24 hours - in fact it was fine about 3 hours later

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I switched from $ky on 19th March. Caller Display wasn't working but, as with Sky, I think the default is OFF so you have to ask for it to be enabled. I did this this morning by Live Chatting, a painless experience, and when I tested it a couple of hours later Caller Display was working.

Like many others I was worried that NOW Broadband wouldn't be as good as Sky, or that the customer serice would be bad, but my broadband speed is just the same and file download speeds the same too, perhaps hardly surprising as it's the same network.  I'm just on the basic broadband as I don't need a faster speed.  I use the same router as I used for Sky, which is a Thomson TG585 from Plusnet days, which I set up with my Sky username and password.  I didn't need to reset anything for NOW Broadband, just left it with the Sky settings and it connected without problem.

So if anyone else is having Caller Display problems maybe it's a problem just with certain exchanges or regions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add to the debate. A live chat rep told me my caller display would not be activated until May 6th. I transferred from Sky to Now on 26th March. Apprently there is nothing that can be done to speed up this process. Obviously I have sent a complaint as I was sold this package with the included caller display and 1471 (oh, that doesn't work either).

I guess all I can do is sit and wait, or terminate the service and move my custom somewhere else.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see you have raised a complaint, I bet it is fixed very shortly. I got mine within 48 hours after doing something similar

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I asked to leave however told that would be breaking my contract despite them not providing the service they said they would. I have complained to ofcom however they say you have to wait 8 weeks before an abitrator steps in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I asked to leave however told that would be breaking my contract despite them not providing the service they said they would. I have complained to ofcom however they say you have to wait 8 weeks before an abitrator steps in.

Now TV's cooling off period is 14 days. So regardless, if you tried to cancel within 14 days of you going live with them FOR ANY REASON AT ALL Including the facy that you had changed your mind, they have to let you do that. You may need to pay for any service already provided and used - but that's it!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have sent emails to customer services and to their CEO AND ALL HAVE BEEN IGNORED.If they are trying to call me on my landline they are not replying to the bt gaurdian questions.They have my mobile no and are definitely not usuing that.I am about to ask if my MP can help as they tend to take more notice of them than us ordinary mortals

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Moved from Sky to Now today and lost caller ID. Been on the complaint chat to Now and been told that it is a company problem and won't be fixed until mid-May. Pointed out that they were advertising a service they couldn't deliver, but their only suggestion was to arrange a transfer to another provider myself. Happy days! One crumb of comfort is that it is free to cancel the Now broadband/phone within the first 30 days and I will only pay for the days with Now. Have saved this just in case.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well it's now June and despite being advised that caller display will be up and running by end of May, then told by yesterday ....it is STILL not working!!!!