Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Caller Display not available until end of the month

Hi,

I switched from SKY to NOW on 16/03.

Whilst with SKY I had caller display.

I knew I had to contact NOW to have this activated on my account so I did so via live chat on 11/03 and was informed it would be on when I switched to NOW.

You can probably guess, but to cut a long story short it wasn't activated. On to Live chat again and informed it was now activated, again it was not.

Telephoned NOW and was informed that there was a technical issue with caller display and it would not be availabe until the end of the month, they hope.

My mother, who switched to NOW last week, still has caller display working.

As I switched from SKY I'm still using my SKY router, not the NOW one. Everything works so I fail to see why caller display has stopped.

Anybody else having issues with caller display?   

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. I have the same problem. Also swapped from Sky on 18th MArch. But I am using the Now Hub2 router (which is really just the skyQ hub rebadged) Phoned yesterday to be told it should happen within 24 hours. It didn't. Phoned again today to be told that the problem had been escalated but in the meantime the advisor has tried something else which he hopes will kick itin within 24 hours.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

When i phoned the NowTV Broadband Team to activate the caller ID on my landline it took them about 10 minutes to add this free add on feature to my account where caller ID was then up & running on my telephone line.

My previous ISP and Telephone provider was BT before i switched to NowTV.

I know somebody else on the forum mentioned that their previous Sky Sheild software was effecting something from not working on their telephone line (can't find the post now but it was telephone and not broadband related).

Maybe whilst awaiting for NowTV to sort out Caller ID their end, check that your Sky Sheild is not activated and has been disabled.

This is a bit of a long shot but worth a try in the meantime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for trying to help Schnapps

I swapped both my telephone line and my broadband when I moved over so SkyTalk Shield also went at the same time.

I'm curious to know whether you got your caller ID before or after 1st October 2018? Due to legal changes which happened then regarding caller ID (which basically meant that Caller ID has to be provided free by all ISPs and which I have confirmed elsewhere is correct) I was told that the facility for customer services to add on caller ID was removed from the advisors and was moved to the global level where it is supposed to be automatic

Although I am also curious to know whether the issues are only related to ex-sky customers. Now was taken over by Sky as I am sure you know, so I am wondering if there is some kind of connection...............

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I phoned the NowTV Broadband Team around about the end of October 2018 (it was definitely after the 1st of October) asking them to manually switch on the caller ID on my telephone line for free.

Can't really comment about if the Caller ID is now automatically setup by default on every NowTV account or if the Caller ID feature is causing initial setup problems with ex Sky Broadband & Phone customers sorry.

Unfortunately it sounds like you are at the mercy of the NowTV Tech Team to sort it out for you.

Anyway hope you get it resolved soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

I escalated it as a complaint via the online form as I couldn't believe it would take to the end of the month to resolve the issue.

I received a reply and it was activated in less than 24hrs.

They didn't explain what the issue was but somehow managed to activate it.

Hope you get it sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for that.

Sounds like it will be fixable then.  Smiley Happy    The chap I dealt with on the live chat today said he was hopeful that whatever he had done would sort the problem in the next 24 hours or so - but it has also been sent to the appropriate department. Fingers crossed that I DO have it by tomorrow

I'll let you know

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I joined NOW BROADBAND from sky on 21. 3.19

Caller id did not work.Rang customer support thinking they had to switch it on.Was told that was not the case as it came automatically.I began to think there was something wrong with my phones until I read this thread.I have raised a complaint form but with no reponse.I really  do not want this provider if they cannot provide id caller as my bt gaurdian phone will not work correctly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

It took me 2 x Live Chats, 1 x Telephone Call and a complaint to get it resolved for me. 

As this is supposed to be INCLUDED for free I fail to see why we should have to contact them to have it activated.

My next issue was that they have now activated "automatic number withhold" so when I telephone family and friends it shows as "number withheld", so some don't answer it.

I had to telephone them again to have this deactivated. Whilst on the phone to them they stated I must have activated it but there is no way to do this in your account settings. It took another 24hrs but it's off now.

Hopefully that the end of my issues, everything else is working fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just had a response from nowtv to say they have a problem with caller ID and hope to have it fixed by end of May.If I had known this I would not have chosen them.