cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband still not activated

I'm interested to see whether anyone else has had these issues.

Broadband was due to be activated on Friday 11th May. It didn't happen and so I called the helpdesk on Saturday morning. Having run some tests they advised that there was a problem with the line in my house and they would need to get a BT Openreach engineer to look at it. I was told that the engineer would let me know when he was on his way and so I booked for the Thursday afternoon (between 1pm and 6pm), the first time I could get off work.

Thursday afternoon came and went with no sign of the engineer. I called at half 5 to check if there was a problem and was told I should wait until 7pm in case they were running late. I called back at 7 and was told that an engineer had been, but that it was an external issue and so he didn't need access to the house. I asked why I was told I needed to be present (having taken a day's unpaid leave in order to do so) but the adviser was not able to give me an answer. Still no internet access thought and so more tests were carried out only for me to be told that the lines were now ok but there was a problem on the network which was something that NowTV could sort out but that it would take up to 72 hours for it to be fixed. 

Cue this evening, 72 hours later, and still no internet so back on the phone to the help desk. This time I was told that that the network people had identified, wait for it.......an internal problem with my line which would require a BT Openreach engineer to visit and access my house. So I've now booked a second day's unpaid leave for Tuesday but at this point i'm struggling to believe anything the guys on the phone are telling me. In addition, despite being told twice that the engineer will notify me when they're on their way, I've now been told that this isn't necessarily the case - why not tell me that in the first place? Don't get me wrong, the helpdesk advisers have all been super polite and friendly but I feel as though they are just making stuff up as they go along and they don't seem to be recognising the huge inconvenience it is to me to not only still not have internet but having to book repeated time off work so no apparent reason. I recognise that the actions of BTOpenreach are somewhat out of their control but everytime I speak to someone I get a different story and now I'm back to where I was a week ago with absolutely no faith that the problem will be resolved on Tuesday. Even if it is resolved I will be looking for significant compensation for the inconvenience caused. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience? How was it resolved? Any advice in dealing with the helpdesk would be appreciated!

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Skate162

Think I'm in a worse box:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/44-days-and-counting-waiting-for-broadband-amp-TV-t...

If the link doesn't work look at the "Setup & Performance" section.

My Openreach engineer did call, only in my case, nobody told me he was coming, he was here and up on the street for nearly 2 hours and he turned up without a screwdrier, borrowing mine, then walking off with it!

I think I have been through just about every sector of Now TV's hopeless support/customer services/technical bits and can only suggest that you just keep phoning and asking them to escalate it AND register it as a formal compalint.  Do this with one of the people you speak to or by emailing [email removed] and saying you want it registerd as a complaint.  Don't go through their website, where it will take you around in circles when searching to make a complaint and you end up on one of the standard get in touch windows.

Also be prepared to get automated emails from them telling you something that contradicts what they tell you on the phone or by email and keep a complete chronological history of every contact and conversation and, if you catch the name (or even understand what they are saying) note the rep's name.

Good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how long did it finally take to start using your nowtv broadband service. They are taking money now but I am still with Sky it seems thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi did your broadband get activated in the end? I’m having same issue was meant to go live but hadn’t happened yet the payment has been taken. Thanks