cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband outage

I am in St Albans Hertfordshire and have had intermittent and now no broadband connection. Is anyone else suffering from this, as sky has had over 2000 reports and the automated bit on here is useless. It says tv devices fine, yet I don’t have tv!!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, it is down for me. Total loss of service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sl3 7jg no broadband too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My broad is out and has been on and off intermittent since 3pm this afternoon postcode ab43 9sn 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here in Havering. Connection been dipping in and out since 5pm. Yet online it says all services are functioning normally. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep dropped out in Woking too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Confirmed as a DNS outage.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes that's what i just found and posted in other forum here. Can only post here because i switched my dns servers on laptop to something else. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How do you change the dns settings on the hub 2 router? It only lets me choose from pre existing dns providers rather than enter my own dns servers which is what would be usual If I change dns on my laptop only presumably it wouldn't help if the sky dns is down as it would route via the down dns first and then the dns I set on my laptop?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Weiig, you can't change via their router.  If you change DNS settings against the network adapter  in your laptop that will override the dns server address supplied by the router. The problem i have is things like Amazon Echo Dots and philips hue hub that i can't change DNS servers for.