cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plusnet_to_Now
Advocate

Broadband not switched as planned

My broadband was supposed to be switched from plusnet to Now yesterday. It did not.

The appointment said I needed to be home 8am to 1pm, so I stayed home.

Nobody came.

Openreach text me today "

Hi, It's Openreach contacting you on behalf of "SKY UK LIMITED" . We are sorry for the delay in providing your service. We are pleased to advise the delay has been resolved and we would like to arrange a new appointment with you."

In my opinion that's a missed appointment, though Openreach did text to say they were working on the switch yesterday.

The options to rebook it annoyingly started from the 31st Oct.

Should this trigger the £5 per day payments?

I'm only annoyed because I stayed home and didn't work because Now said an adult needed to be home.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

As you're switching from PlusNet, the engineer may not need to visit your home. Just swap the routers over yourself.

Are you letting Now handle the switch? If so the PlusNet connection should continue until Openreach make the swap.

As your update from Openreach was after your connection date, and not before, yes you should definitely be due the automatic compensation. It will probably be applied as a positive figure in your account once you are up and running.

Plusnet_to_Now
Advocate

Thanks.

Plusnet originally blocked the switch (reason unknown), I rang now up asking them why and they said do I need to keep my old phone number. I did not, and they arranged yesterday's appointment.

I'm still expecting Now to handle the switch / end of contract with plusnet, as it suggests on the website.

Jayach
Elite 3

@Plusnet_to_Now wrote:
I'm still expecting Now to handle the switch / end of contract with plusnet, as it suggests on the website.

I think you are right, so you shouldn't suffer more than a short downtime during the switch.

Fingers crossed.🤞