cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband is activated

My broadband has been activated and I've started to pay the monthly bills for the wifi but I've yet to set up the router and its currently been around 16 days since the activation. Can I set up the router whenever I want with the WiFi still working and is there no time limit as to when I have to set up the router by. 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Technically speaking you should have set up the router on the day of activation.

Can I assume your using another router just now since you’ve got internet?

With you mentioning Wi-Fi this is not the internet, it’s a method of receiving it on your mobile and wireless devices. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I know technically that's what I shoudve done but the previous router I have still has Internet and works so I thought there's no point to set up the new one for now. But I'm still paying for the new router so regardless when I do set it up the router should have Internet. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you don't need to hand back the other router, and your Wi-fi strength is good with the one your on, personally I wouldn't bother setting up the NOW router. Saying this because the router by NOW is known to be well rubbish for Wi-Fi, if you do a search on the forum you will see many threads about the signal strength.

Just need to bare in mind if you call support for broadband issues, you would need to set up the NOW router for staff to do their troubleshooting etc.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User 

Was your previous supplier Sky? If not, I'm surprised your current router is still working.

Out of interest, who does this link say your ISP is,

What is my ISP — Find your Internet Service Provider