cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband continuously cutting out

I would love to know why i have to pay a continuous bill for something that barely works. Every single DAY my wifi cuts out atleast 10 TIMES... IN ONE DAY Why should I have to pay for a service that doesn't work majority of the time? The world is in an extremely bad state at the moment which I understand, but why when I am self employed out of work should I have to pay money I cant afford for a service that stops working every half hour. I have deleted my other serives from NOW due to not being able to afford it so you would think NOW would try and give best service for every paying customer, especially those who are paying for the 'most reliable' super fibre. I'm extremely disgusted that people have to pay a ridiculous price at a time like this for a service that doesn't work. As soon as COVID is over, I will no longer be a paying customer and I will not be recommending you to anyone:).

3 REPLIES 3
Saint1976
Elite 3

Not sure who you're talking to. The only people here are customers like yourself. Maybe direct your ire on Twitter.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

And maybe check if it is just the WiFi that goes down, or the whole service, by monitoring a wired device.

But the broadband support number is still up and working, so give them a call, see what they say.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Geluk
Expert 2

Download a  free wifi analyser programme, to check which wifi channels are in use in your locale.

Then select manually a channel least used, or unused (one for 2.4 & one for 5ghz (if it's dual band router), and see if that helps.

If a dual band router give the 5ghz SSID a different name to 2.4 channel.

Ensure your router not next to another device that could be interfering su h as cordless phone.