cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_0807
Scholar

Re: Broadband Activation Day - Missed Payment??!

Hi @schnapps 

You may have tempted fate there.... Had 54Mbps download and 18.5Mbps upload for a while there, it's now dropped to 2 (yes 2) Mbps down and 16 Mbps up... 

I know lines are tested etc in the first 10 days, but 2 Mbps is pretty insane!

James

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @James_0807 

Give it a day or so and see if things settle down even with the 2Mbps Down speed (which i know is shocking), because your Up Speed seems reasonable at 16 Mbps to me.

Also when you undertake a Technical Check under My Account see if you can take a reading early in the morning when in theory the internet traffic is usually much slower and people are still sleeping.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks James,

I'll keep being patient.

0 Thanks
James_0807
Scholar

Hi @schnapps 

Seems the router was at fault... it somehow auto selected the most congested wifi channel and just stuck with it, which seems to have caused the lousy speeds. I manually moved channels and everything improved. However, speeds were nowhere near what I had with BT in the upstairs bedrooms (one is an office so particularly important right now), so I've configured my old BT smart hub as an access point and using that for the wi-fi. Not the most elegant solution, but...

5GHz speeds in upstairs bedroom on laptop, 34.2 Mbps with Now TV Hub 2, 65 Mbps with BT Smart Hub - night and day!

Thanks for all your help, shame the NowTV router isn't quite up to the mark!

James

James_0807
Scholar

Hi @Anonymous User 

Has your current ISP acknowledged the switch is going to happen?

James

0 Thanks