cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband Activation Day - Missed Payment??!

Hi All,

Supposedly switching from BT to Now TV broadband today. As yet nothing has switched so I thought I'd log into my account to check what's going on. Nothing appears amiss until I go to "technical checks" where it tells me I've missed my first payment (my bank hasn't informed me this is the case and Monzo normally do immediately). There's a button to pay now, but that just takes me to a screen to update my payment details, that are already correct. If I go to Bills and Payments there is no mention of a missed payment, nor any mention of a payment for broadband, should there be?

1) Is this normal?

2) Will this hold up the switch?

3) What can I do to rectify the problem if the payment details are already correct?

Thanks in advance,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had the same message when i was waiting for my NowTV Broadband to go live when clicking on Technical Checks (see the screen shot that i took about two years ago below).

I did flag this up to the NowTV Team back then.

I would ignore the message at the moment where it didn't effect my broadband going live on the planned schedule date and the message disappeared automatically off my account after about a week or so.

Just leave your NowTV Hub Router plugged in and wait for the three solid green lights to indicate of the front of the Router to show you have gone live.

nowtv service check.PNG

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Seems the router was at fault... it somehow auto selected the most congested wifi channel and just stuck with it, which seems to have caused the lousy speeds. I manually moved channels and everything improved. However, speeds were nowhere near what I had with BT in the upstairs bedrooms (one is an office so particularly important right now), so I've configured my old BT smart hub as an access point and using that for the wi-fi. Not the most elegant solution, but...

5GHz speeds in upstairs bedroom on laptop, 34.2 Mbps with Now TV Hub 2, 65 Mbps with BT Smart Hub - night and day!

Thanks for all your help, shame the NowTV router isn't quite up to the mark!

James

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

We're in the same situation. Should have swapped Friday. How did you know? Did you already have the Now hub setup or did you wait until your old provider had stopped before switching the kit over, or did you get any communication from Now to say it had happened? 

Thanks for your help.

Hannah

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Nothing from NowTV to say it had happened, although if i track the order now it does say everything is complete. Our BT router just stopped working and I moved the broadband cable into the now tv hub and it showed 3 green lights within a minute or so.

James

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks James,

I'll keep being patient.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Has your current ISP acknowledged the switch is going to happen?

James