cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband Activation Day - Missed Payment??!

Hi All,

Supposedly switching from BT to Now TV broadband today. As yet nothing has switched so I thought I'd log into my account to check what's going on. Nothing appears amiss until I go to "technical checks" where it tells me I've missed my first payment (my bank hasn't informed me this is the case and Monzo normally do immediately). There's a button to pay now, but that just takes me to a screen to update my payment details, that are already correct. If I go to Bills and Payments there is no mention of a missed payment, nor any mention of a payment for broadband, should there be?

1) Is this normal?

2) Will this hold up the switch?

3) What can I do to rectify the problem if the payment details are already correct?

Thanks in advance,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had the same message when i was waiting for my NowTV Broadband to go live when clicking on Technical Checks (see the screen shot that i took about two years ago below).

I did flag this up to the NowTV Team back then.

I would ignore the message at the moment where it didn't effect my broadband going live on the planned schedule date and the message disappeared automatically off my account after about a week or so.

Just leave your NowTV Hub Router plugged in and wait for the three solid green lights to indicate of the front of the Router to show you have gone live.

nowtv service check.PNG

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had the same message when i was waiting for my NowTV Broadband to go live when clicking on Technical Checks (see the screen shot that i took about two years ago below).

I did flag this up to the NowTV Team back then.

I would ignore the message at the moment where it didn't effect my broadband going live on the planned schedule date and the message disappeared automatically off my account after about a week or so.

Just leave your NowTV Hub Router plugged in and wait for the three solid green lights to indicate of the front of the Router to show you have gone live.

nowtv service check.PNG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Is payment taken as soon as the service goes live then? I've not had any payment taken as yet.

Got to be honest, I'm concerned nothing will actually happen considering the COVID-19 situation!

I'm working from home so can't disconnect my BT box until it stops working unfortunately, will NOWTV message me to say when the service should be up and running?

Best Regards,

James

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

In my particular case from memory when the Broadband went live the payment date was shown the day after under Bills & Payments but the date given was the live switch on date.

Once the BT HomeHub goes off, plug in and switch on the NowTV Hub Router and wait for the three green lights to show on the front of the Router which usually then means you have gone live on the NowTV service.

NowTV normally says the switch over could happen anytime up until Midnight on the scheduled live date (but who knows under the Coronavirus disruption effect).

Don't know if the Coronavirus crisis will have any impact with your switch over or not it all depends if the BT Openreach engineer turns up and hasn't reported in sick to do the necessary work on the local BT telephone street cabinet (where i am assuming your switch over is a "Self Install") .

Keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes to plan 🙏.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

It is indeed a self-install, and I'm already on Fibre, so I imagined it was only at the exchange that anything would need doing rather than the street cabinet.

BT router still working fine up to now. Is it a case of BT doesn't stop working until NOW TV start, or could I be left with no internet from midnight if BT turn it off but Openreach haven't activated the NOW TV service?

If that was the case I'd have expected the BT service to have stopped by now...

James

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To be honest i don't know.

Perhaps all the ISP's and BT Openreach have a Coronavirus plan / agreement in place if the switch cant happen for some reason they will leave you on the current ISP with a working operating phone & internet service (don't quote me on that because it's a pure guess on my part) ? 

With my switch over plus two other family members the phone switch over was seamless where internet was off for a few hours before the new service went live.

The longest time before the switch happened was about 8pm in the evening (though this was  a @@@@@@@ pre Coronavirus period in time).

Edit - ignore all the @symbols on the above paragraph where i can't remove them in my edited reply 😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

Turns out that as ever I was worrying too soon. Switch has now happened! About 1 minute of down time.

Thank you for your help this afternoon 🙂

James

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Phew - glad you are sorted 👍👍👍.

Let's hope anything stays stable and reliable for you.

Touch wood for me i haven't noticed to date (since the Coronavirus crisis) any noticeable internet speed loss or any intermittent drop outs on my internet line (though i live in a small populated area so that may be the reason why).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

You may have tempted fate there.... Had 54Mbps download and 18.5Mbps upload for a while there, it's now dropped to 2 (yes 2) Mbps down and 16 Mbps up... 

I know lines are tested etc in the first 10 days, but 2 Mbps is pretty insane!

James

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Give it a day or so and see if things settle down even with the 2Mbps Down speed (which i know is shocking), because your Up Speed seems reasonable at 16 Mbps to me.

Also when you undertake a Technical Check under My Account see if you can take a reading early in the morning when in theory the internet traffic is usually much slower and people are still sleeping.