cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juzcalo
Advocate

Broadband Activation Date Today - Expected Activation Time??

Hi all,

I have recently started a contract with NOWTV and my broadband should get activated today - I received the router about a week ago.. I've been desperately waiting for this day as I am WFH and using my mobile hotspot (Vodafone) which has been awful in the area and really affecting by productivity. 

Does anyone know around what time I should expect to have my network to go live today? (I live in the W2 area).

Additionally, every time I check the 'Technical Checks' tab on my account, a message saying "Hmm, that didn't go to plan. Sorry, we can't check your service at the moment", while a few minutes ago it was saying that my broadband has not been activated yet, but that it will be today..

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It can take anything up until midnight on your activation date 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Juzcalo 

Just to follow-up from what @Anonymous User  said, the activation can indeed take up until midnight.

Have a nosy at this link for more information. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/i-ve-ordered-now-broadband-what-happens-next

Waiting for your line to go live?

Your NOW Broadband line can go live at any time up until midnight on your go live date.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Juzcalo
Advocate

Thanks for your responses @Anonymous User  and @gavs82008 ..

I'm aware of the activation time taking up until midnight - but I was wondering if anyone has had any recent experience or insight regarding activation times by area/postcode? Also, do they just send an email when the broadband has been activated? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Juzcalo 

In the link mentioned above. 

Already got a phone line? 

We’ll switch your line remotely and you won’t need to be home. We’ll send you a text message confirming the date your broadband goes live.

Don’t have a phone line installed?

An engineer will need to visit your home to install your line. You'll need to be home on the date and time we gave you for an engineer visit when you signed up for your NOW Broadband Membership.

If this time doesn't work for you, just get in touch and we'll reschedule

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help