cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Billing for passes with broadband

I have broadband from Now TV.  It used to be a combo package which required me to have an ongoing Now TV pass, but when an offer came to an end and I wanted to alter my package I was told that Now TV no longer did the combo.  Therefore it was no longer required to have an ongoing pass.

Since broadband and passes are now effectively separate, I would prefer it if I wasn't billed for any passes I do have with my broadband.  I would prefer to pay for my passes when I need them as a regular customer would.

I know I could achieve this by setting up a different account.  But I don't want to do this because my Now TV logins are the same across all of my devices.

I hope that there will at least be an option for Now TV broadband users to change the billing method for passes in the near future.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

3 REPLIES 3
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM

I want the exact same. The billing system has to be the most confusing i've ever had, how it still charges a bit extra even though you add a voucher. I know it is to cover for the remaining month but it is still confusing. I have had the boxset pass since the beginning of the combo as I don't want to mess up "restarting" it so I just buy vouchers to keep it cheap.

I've had the broadband since the combo as well and have not really had any problems. The odd few were easily fixed so am not complaining about the service as it has been the second best ISP I've ever had. (The first was o2 when they did broadband).

What does irritate me is that I still cannot buy Hayu. It's okay twitter saying "create a new tv account" but I don't understand why I should, just to confuse myself with payments and relogin to the app/swap hdmi leads for another device?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993  Yeah, I wouldn't want to create a new account for similar reasons.  I don't have separate accounts for other services, so I'm not going to start now.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just to reiterate this, in the hope that it might get posted to the Ideas section.

Please separate payment for passes from billing for broadband.  The pro-rata charges as a method of billing are frustrating and confusing.