cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been charged for a phone call when phone line is dead

My activation date for fab fibre was on the 29/8/2018 but it never happened so i phoned now tv the next morning at 09.31 and I was told that it's activated and we can see it being used and that a sky box is connected. I then told the advisor that I don't have sky and that my phone line is dead and the internet light is off on the now tv box. He then told me to take the faceplate off my master socket and insert the phone lead in the test socket which I did but the phone line was dead so he arranged for an engineer visit on 3/9/2018. I've now had my bill and I'm being charged 37 pence for a phone call made on the 30/8/2018 but how can this happen when my phone line is dead.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bt openreach have been out this morning and I now have my fibre and phone working. The engineer didn't say much about the problem but it looks like it was connected to another address.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Bt openreach have been out this morning and I now have my fibre and phone working. The engineer didn't say much about the problem but it looks like it was connected to another address.

@Anonymous User So pretty much what @schnapps said at the beginning then, most likely BT Openreach engineer c0cked it up at the cabinet first time around! Good old BT OR eh? Screw it up and then let the ISP take all the flak...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you switch over and it says you don't need a engineer visit does a bt openreach engineer even visit the cabinet.