cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been charged for a phone call when phone line is dead

My activation date for fab fibre was on the 29/8/2018 but it never happened so i phoned now tv the next morning at 09.31 and I was told that it's activated and we can see it being used and that a sky box is connected. I then told the advisor that I don't have sky and that my phone line is dead and the internet light is off on the now tv box. He then told me to take the faceplate off my master socket and insert the phone lead in the test socket which I did but the phone line was dead so he arranged for an engineer visit on 3/9/2018. I've now had my bill and I'm being charged 37 pence for a phone call made on the 30/8/2018 but how can this happen when my phone line is dead.

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds like a crossed telephone line to me possibly at the BT local cabinet or Exchange from what you are saying.

Hopefully the BT Openreach Engineer will figure it out and resolve it and get your line activated on the 3rd of September 2018 (fingers crossed).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will this mean I will get a refund on the phone call.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You would need to take this up with the NowTV broadband team. 

I would wait until the BT Openreach Engineer hopefully gets you up and running on the 3rd and go from there.

It would be interesting what the Engineer finds and if it was something that they had mistakenly done their end, then maybe ask for some form of compensation for your troubles. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm confused how the change over from adsl to fibre happens. Does now tv do the switch over or is it bt openreach. It would be interesting to see what openreach finds as I had no problem before with plusnet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went to my account and clicked on technical checks and it's showing I'm getting 40 mbps and that 3 devices are connected. 

1, Finns -iphone.

2, Amazon-zaefedc91.

3, Wn3000RPv3.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I went to my account and clicked on technical checks and it's showing I'm getting 40 mbps and that 3 devices are connected. 

1, Finns -iphone.

2, Amazon-zaefedc91.

3, Wn3000RPv3.

Hi @Anonymous User

Are the devices listed above yours ?

If they are, then you must have your nowtv hub router plugged in and would guess from the above technical online check that you are getting fab fibre at 40 mbps.

So is your Internet and phone working at your property or not.? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

None of devices listed are mine. And no the phone and internet is not working.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Does sound to me like a crossed line or mix up of accounts.

Hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow between the Openreach BT Engineer and the NowTV Broadband Team.

Once you are up and running, then maybe ask nowtv for some sort of compensation for the delays and your troubles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do i email now tv about my bill as when i click on I think my bill is wrong it's more about passes. I will need to contact now tv because next months bill I have been charged 74 pence for two phone calls made yesterday evening.