cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greyeyes
Scholar

Are Now Broadband Customers seeing a yearly increase in March or April?

Does anyone know if Now are applying a yearly percentage (CPI/RPI) price increase for existing Broadband customers in March or April, like the other providers appear to be doing.

There is no mention a yearly price increase regarding NowTV or Sky Broadband, the others have published it.

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @greyeyes 

I haven't been notified anything myself (being a NOW Broadband customer).

I don't think Sky & NOW uses the yearly percentage formula like BT and others from what i read on the internet (might be wrong though).

Maybe send them an email asking the question direct ? by using the email address from this screen shot below.

If you get an answer i will be interested to know.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

greyeyes
Scholar

thanks for the email address, i've emailed them.  i'll update you with their reply.

redchiz1
Champion 2

NOW do not have a yearly formula for broadband prices in their contract, they reserve the right to increase prices at any time. Which means that they have to give you 30 days notice and the option to leave without penalty if they do announce an increase. 

greyeyes
Scholar
when was their last increase?
their new customer discounts are good, only for 12 months, then rocket, do they allow you to recontract at a better rate or is there a high churn rate?
my ISP contract is up, any deal i take today won't avoid their price increase in March, so looking to now broadband.
redchiz1
Champion 2

There is no way of possibly predicting when or by how much NOW may increase prices. I can only repeat that this will give you the opportunity to leave without penalty, or of course see if you can negotiate a better deal. This applies to dealing with any provider. 

greyeyes
Scholar

"There is no way of possibly predicting when or by how much NOW may increase prices"

i never asked that question, i asked when was their last increase?  i never once asked about percentages too, because there is no benchmark i could find.

i'm well aware contractual get out if mentioned.

one thing isn't clear, can you recontract, i've not seen any reference.

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK. First question: try Google, other search engines are available. But I am really not sure how rellevant it is as prices for new customers have been stable for some time now. 

And of course when you each the end of your contract you can renew, or not, as you choose.