cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Annoying Parental Control

Hi everyone,

let’s begin by saying that I’m not happy at the moment, my broadband contract with NowTV has started just 5 days ago and I’m already thinking about switching.

My broadband speed and connection are fine, but it seems like I cannot switch off a annoying, automatic, hidden parental control on my internet connection. I’ve already switched off the parental control blocks on my Hub (NowTv hub 2) but still cannot access anything before 9:30 ... I’m 31 years old, I didn’t need parental control for over 20 years.

So I tried to sort it out by visiting this website, trying to find a solution and couldn’t find one, so tried to ask on the forum and I’ve then found out that I need to register myself on NowTv to be able to ask a question over here, even if I don’t want to watch any of the shows you stream and even if I’m already a broadband customer (I’ve done the broadband contract over the phone and haven’t received a copy or confirmation of my contract, not via email, not via post).

I then tried to contact you by phone at  0845 6471970 and after about 15 minutes of waiting my phone credit went to 0 (from about £13) and the phone call cut out.

So here I am, registered for a free 14 days trial (hope I find a way to cancel the subscription before you guys charge me for that) just to ask you please to let me access the side of the internet that I rightfully want to explore without nonsensical limitations.

your sincerely,

a angry customer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks Tony,

regarding this account that I’ve created to join the forum will I need to delete it as it is not linked to my Broadband Account?

You don't need to delete it @Anonymous User See that email i sent you, just sign in using your real account after clicking the link. Should be sweet 🙂

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would double check that the broadband buddy setting is switched off on here.

If you sign into your account select My Account > Settings & Pin's where you will see an option for both the broadband buddy and parental controls.

I have both switch off and don't seem to encounter any blocking on my nowtv internet using the hub 2 router.

More info here in this help guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Schnapps but it doesn’t give me the broadband buddy option, I don’t think my account that I had to create today is linked in any way to my broadband contract.

When I go in the “Settings and pins” page it just shows me the option to set up a pin for parental controls and payments, so I’ve set up a pin for parental control and then I’ve turned it off but nothing changed, because I think that is just linked to what I can watch on NowTv, is not connected to my broadband contract.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me that you have signed into an nowtv account not relating to your broadband.

When you signed up to nowtv broadband did you receive any email correspondence (check all your email addresses and spam folders) ?

Maybe try live chat, where they can look into your account further and they can see why the broadband buddy or no information under My Account > Broadband & Calls and Orders & Appointments is showing on your account.

Try this link page to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haven’t received any email regarding my broadband account at all, and when I tried the live chat thing I waited for about 3 hours and nothing happened ...

again ... not happy ...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just had another read of your first post where you mentioned that you setup and created a nowtv account over the phone.

Wasn't aware that you could do that, (obviously it must have worked because you have took delivery of the nowtv hub router and your internet is working).

When you phoned through the order did the nowtv broadband team ask for your email address and a password of your choice for account related matters in the future ?

I believe the reason you can't see anything related to broadband under My Account settings is that you have just created a new addition account when visting this website.

if you have taken a free 14 day TV trial pass, then make sure that you cancel the trial before the 14 days are up, otherwise the pass will auto renew each month until you cancel.

You can view or cancel your passes by going to My Account >  Passes & Vouchers on here using the same account details that you created today.

When cancelling any pass make sure you go through the on screen step by step instructions until you get the cancel confirmation up on screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just been asked a safety password to check my identity, and I’ve tried to use it as a password to log in, using my email as username but didn’t work.

other than that nothing, no emails or anything else.

now I’m wondering if there is a way to connect the account I’ve just created to my broadband account so that I can change the broadband settings ...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't believe you can combine two different accounts (might be wrong).

I will tag @Tony-D on here a nowtv forum team member to see if he can assist (not sure if he his logged into the forum at the moment).

I can PM you an alternative telephone number for the nowtv broadband team if you wish, but you have mentioned you have no phone credit left.

One last stupid question from me, are you signed up to NowTV Broadband or Sky Broadband which are totally separate ?

Do you want me to send you a private message with a different telephone number for the nowtv broadband team ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a good phone number would be handy,

I’ve topped up my phone credit already but obviously won’t call that number anymore as it drained it all in no time.

Hopefully this will get sorted soon ...

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks a good phone number would be handy,

I’ve topped up my phone credit already but obviously won’t call that number anymore as it drained it all in no time.

Hopefully this will get sorted soon ...

@Anonymous User Hi, it sounds like the email address when processing the sale was wrong. I'll email you now using the email linked to your forum post to see if i can get the 'Linking Journey' email sent to the correct email address. Thanks for the tag @schnapps 🙂