cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Already regretting switching to NowTV Broadband

Activation date was yesterday. Lost internet connection with previous provider at around 1pm and shortly after this noticed that the phone line had switched over to Sky - excellent I thought, my fibre broadband will soon be active!

Waited until 10pm but still had no internet so called NowTV (Sky) and was told that everything was showing as complete on their systems (quoted Penfold which I know provides provisioning information) and said it was just a delay in messages and it would be live by midnight. Of course I woke up this morning to find nothing had changed and my account was still saying my broadband would be active by midnight (don't think so!).

Contacted NowTV again this morning and was told there were notes from the Openreach engineer saying further work was required but they couldn't tell me anything else. Not sure if I was more annoyed by this or the fact the first person lied to me.

Apparently my issue has been escalated to "Tier 2" and I should get a call in 24hrs. Meanwhile of course I have no broadband or TV (apart from free view) and was told I'd just have to wait as nothing could be done.

Anyone else had a similar experience and know what kind of wait I should expect? No idea what the additional work is and sounds like nobody at NowTV has a clue what is going on either.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got switched over yesterday. They've managed to compleley ###### everything up - we've no phone line at all its completely dead. When we spoke to them this morning they said it was an internal fault at our end and will be sending an engineer out on Thursday which means taking the day off work.

All i can say to anyone is avoid! we switch from Sky which is the same company. After a refund for the £60 setup fee and will be going to BT.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happened to us to. Our TalkTalk was due to finish on 17th, so was prepared for 4 days without Net. But nowtv took over the line on 15th evening meaning our TalkTalk internet finished 2 days early. They however said that our NowTv WiFi won't go live until 21st still. However 21st comes and goes and they then tell us that there is a fault on the line and that we have to wait 3-5 days for it to be fixed.

They are ridiculous, they don't make a very good first impression.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So after me chasing multiple times every day since Friday (and being told different things every time), I got in touch with an ex-colleague at Sky as I used to work there and he got to the bottom of it.

Basically the engineer got to the cabinet, disconnected me from my previous provider and then said there was no capacity for my Fibre install - even though NowTV let me place the order and if I go online (not at home obviously!!) and do an availability check, every provider tells me I can get Fibre!

NowTV have been terrible to deal with - no ownership or accountability whatsoever - the only reason I know what I do is because I went through back-channels but it's ridiculous I've had to.

So now I'm being told that Openreach will be providing an update to Sky on Friday (7 days after my original activation!!) but they don't know what the outcome will be or when (if?) I'll get the service.

Leaving it to see what happens on Friday but I think I may just bite the bullet and switch provider - I know it will take time to provision again but NowTV are absolutely awful - for a bit of insight, they were knocked together VERY quickly as part of Sky's existing operation (so use all of the same systems and back-end processes) but NowTV customers are clearly at the bottom of the pile when it comes to priority compared to Sky customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto here, told I’d go live 18th and now 26th and no news how can they offer a service they have no control over. I hate BT but if it’s their infrastructure that is at fault I’m probably better off signing up for their service as they can offer customer support as I will be the customer and not a virtual 3rd party?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh yes, absolutely. Switched over to save some money for my elderly parents and BT (previous supplier) disconnected on 8th Oct. It is now 7th November and still no connection to NOWTV with calls and emails to customer service with the same excuse “An issue that Open Reach are trying to resolve”

How come every other service provider I have changed over to be it gas,electricity or broadband, this has happened seamlessly without interruption.

Will never recommend NOWTV based on this experience.

Terrible service and poor communication!