cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All Set up

Hi there, 
I apologize if this is completely the wrong area to post this. It's little more of a query than anything else. I am new to NOW BROADBAND and btw, I am really satisfied with the speeds i'm getting on Brilliant Broadband, I'm right next to the exchange box which probably helps a lot! Anyway back to the query! An engineer came out to see me as planned on the 15th of February and even though it took approximately 3 hours to get me all set up it was a breeze. According to my account my services have not gone live yet as I can tell you I certainly have gone live as planned and I'm wondering if this will sort it's self out? I'm also trying to keep an eye on the bill which to my knowledge won't be due until March 15th if that's correct. But in general I just wanted to report that I am all set up and I'm all live and everything is working as it should. 

Thanks NOW TV

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The green indication on your live date under Orders & Accounts may take a day or two to show correctly, where i am assuming you are using the NowTV Hub Router supplied and not an old Sky Router / third Party Router.

Under normal circumstances your scheduled live date is your first Broadband payment, so i would have expected a payment on the 15th of February under your Bills & Payments section of your online NowTV Broadband account.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The green indication on your live date under Orders & Accounts may take a day or two to show correctly, where i am assuming you are using the NowTV Hub Router supplied and not an old Sky Router / third Party Router.

Under normal circumstances your scheduled live date is your first Broadband payment, so i would have expected a payment on the 15th of February under your Bills & Payments section of your online NowTV Broadband account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay great thank you @schnapps I really appreciate the response and yeah it's the hub two router. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your Orders & Appointments section doesn't update in the next day or two to show you have gone live and there is no sign under Bills & Payments of your first up & coming payment either in February or March then maybe get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team using one of these communication methods in the link below.

I am also assuming before the switch over your previous ISP wasn't Sky Broadband ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps Yeah absolutely I will definitely get a hold of the Now Broadband Team following your link there if nothing changes in the next day or two. Correct yes it was not sky before. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thing you could try is go into your online NowTV Broadband account, under Broadband & Calls > Technical Checks to see if the software can detect & test your line.

If it says Engineer required ignore the message, where i had this message for the first week (even though my Broadband & Phone was running perfectly fine).

After a week the Engineer message automatically disappeared.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Okay great I will give that a try as well, thanks a lot I really appreciate the help 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happened to me.

I was due to go live switching from TalkTalk today (22nd)

I was just about to have a VR game at 00:45 (22nd) and my TalkTalk connection went down(great timing).

I waited to see if it would come back but it never did. And logging into my TalkTalk router to check the logs showed Authentication error. So I pretty much worked out that it had indeed switched.

So I disconnected my TalkTalk equipment and setup the NowTV Hub2. A few seconds later the light went green.

I was kinda glad it switched over in the very early hours of my switch date, as it meant much less disruption to my family when they woke. I simply left a note telling them the new WIFI details were on the card on top of the new router!

Wrecked my game though 🤨

I then checked the tracker page when I stumbled out of bed, and still showed it had not switched yet. But a few hours later towards the night it had updated.

So a good rule of thumb is to check the tracker for the switch date, and ignore the rest. Then just go by when your old service ceases to work!