cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation Fee for No Contract

Hi,

Random question. If you go for the "No Contract" option which includes the £60 activation fee, does this £60 activation fee get charged again in you cancel for a couple of months then re-activate the account.? (i.e. Pay for internet in January and February, do not pay for internet in March, April, May, then pay for internet again in June).

I only ask as due to work I'll only need internet at home for about 3 or 4 months a year, and would be ideal to only pay for the months I require internet, without having to pay the activation fee every time I need internet again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User welcome to the community. The no-contract broadband is really only meant as a 'short-term' option. 

If you cancel after a couple of months then at that point your agreement with NOW ends. If you then decide to return a few months later you need to sign up for a new no-contract agreement with NOW again, for which you would have to pay the activation fee again.

Depending on how many months you think you may be away from home, it might work out better to go for a minimum contract option, or even look at alternatives such as mobile broadband. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User welcome to the community. The no-contract broadband is really only meant as a 'short-term' option. 

If you cancel after a couple of months then at that point your agreement with NOW ends. If you then decide to return a few months later you need to sign up for a new no-contract agreement with NOW again, for which you would have to pay the activation fee again.

Depending on how many months you think you may be away from home, it might work out better to go for a minimum contract option, or even look at alternatives such as mobile broadband.