cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account

Hi 

I paid for NowTV (TV and movies thing) the other day, on a special offer, £12 came out of my account. 

Watched one episode. Was a complete pain to do that. 

Went back last night and it shows that I don't have any active subscriptions (when I paid for them the other day)... 

Because it says I have no active subscriptions in my account page, it also won't let me cancel the subscription I have...

The online chat doesn't work. 

There is no phone number. 

What am I supposed to do. I have paid money for nothing, and seems no way to get out of this scam – shame on me for being so naive I suppose. 

Oh yeah, this forum post will also be in the wrong section because it won't let me see all values. So I guess it'll just be categorised as a broadband issue (which it's clearly not).

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ScammedByNowTV 

How did you sign up and pay for that original offer? Was it through the website of on an app?

You should report to staff via live chat. Make sure to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or email support using the address from the below picture.

gavs82008_0-1673347698909.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

Signed up and paid through the NowTV website.

Thanks for the email, I couldn't see that anywhere. The live chat does not work. Tried it on two different browsers. People on Reddit reporting the same issue..

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ScammedByNowTV 

Live chat does work, you have to click "chat online" within the green box. 

gavs82008_1-1673348775193.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

Perhaps for you, but clearly not for me and a number of other people. This website is extremely poorly designed.

Jayach
Elite 3

@ScammedByNowTV wrote:

Watched one episode. Was a complete pain to do that. 

Perhaps the problem was the device you are using to watch it on.

Clearly lots of people have no problems using Now. (or maybe I don't see the complaints, as I only frequent the broadband forum)

NeverTV
Advocate

Ditto, took my first month then failed to take the 2nd. cancelled the subscription zero constructive joined up communication and zero accountability 

RoyB
Legend

@NeverTV wrote:

Ditto, took my first month then failed to take the 2nd. cancelled the subscription zero constructive joined up communication and zero accountability 

@NeverTV 

That seems to have been a perfectly normal toe-in-the-water first experience of Now, where you decided not to continue, and made a clean exit without issues.

But what I don’t see, as you seem to be expressing some dissatisfaction here, is what or where any problem might have been.

And if you had come here when you had the problem(s), we might well have been able to help you with them, or at least point you in the right direction 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
NeverTV
Advocate
I had no intention of cancelling. The issue initiated with the well publicized “under the radar” mis-selling of Boost - In cancelling that Now cancelled my entire subscription not what I requested or instigate. This is not a medium for solving formal customer complaints. Who are you? What is your role here? A public community forum of customers should not be a first line of response when there are issues concerning a specific account matter related to banks direct debits and frankly appalling lack of pro activity.
I was curious to see if I was alone in my being completely ignored - it’s clear I am far from alone.
Dana Strong is presiding over a disaster of a business when it comes to customer engagement and satisfaction.
Ofcom now appraised of this matter to highlight the abject disregard for what should be a basic level of service.
RoyB
Legend

@NeverTV 

I am a customer like you, one of those who help out other customers who post here. If you didn’t want us to engage with you, then you should have stayed within Now’s formal channels; but we have seen how that went for you 😢

So it’s the Boost ‘free trial’ you are complaining about, and these ‘free trials’, based on preticked boxes and turning into charges by inertia, are something I am unhappy about also.

But you could have cancelled Boost for yourself, though perhaps you got charged, went to Now for the refund, and Now cancelled everything? Which, on the principle of ‘follow the money’, was a doubly inept thing for them to do.

However, have a read of :-

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/fr/MEMO_11_675

item 3, which I believe still applies in UK law even though we have now left the EU, and which might be taken to suggest that what Now are doing here is equivalent to preticked boxes, and may be subject to the above rule.

I have only passing interest in pursuing this, but an aggrieved person such as yourself might have more incentive so to do.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.