cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forestdweller
Scholar

Account Setup Anomalies

I’m becoming disillusioned with NOW Broadband even before my service starts!

Attempts to sign up online on 25 July failed with error messages. After contacting NOW they set up my account over the ‘phone. However no E-Mails confirming this received. Another ‘phone call later and it was discovered that they had entered my E-Mail address incorrectly, so no messages to me. This was corrected.

I then discovered that according to my online account details I had no payment details set up. Two ‘phone calls on 27 July and 2 August and I was assured on both occasions that payment details were correctly set up and I have no need to worry! However I still have no payment details showing within my account details.

Now on 3 August the due date for my Router to be dispatched there is no sign in my account that this has actually happened - It still shows “Dispatching soon”.

While all the staff were polite and tried to reassure me - nothing actually gets done! I’m dreading Monday 8 August when my service is due to go live as I have no confidence in assurances given me to date given the lack of any obvious attempts to bring my account up to date.

Am I right to worry?

17 REPLIES 17
forestdweller
Scholar

Router has arrived so that's one worry solved! Now here's another question - slightly off topic - sorry. The instructions that come with the router, also the "help" information on this website says that the router password should be entered in CAPITAL letters - however the sticker on the router and the accompanying card contain both lower and upper case! Which is correct?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @forestdweller 

I have always used all Capital Letters on my NOW Hub 2 Router (not sure lower case will work, though I have never tried it myself).

Would also recommend splitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi bands in the NOW Hub Router webpage Settings.

Also if any websites are being blocked when on the internet, change the NOW Broadband Buddy Settings from default age 13 to an older age rating suitable for your household.

forestdweller
Scholar

Due to go live on 8th August - BT promptly cut me off at 00:45! It wasn't until midday that I had a chance to swap out my old router and check if the changeover had gone OK - It had - sort of 😒

Password didn't work in either upper or lower case, or as printed on the hub in mixed case. Tried many times and am sure I typed correctly. As a last resort I risked changing the router password - Success!

My account still says I have no payment information set up. It also states that I haven't been connected yet. No attempt has been made to take any payment, and no messages!

This has not been a happy experience.

Jayach
Elite 3

@forestdweller wrote:

Password didn't work in either upper or lower case, or as printed on the hub in mixed case. Tried many times and am sure I typed correctly. As a last resort I risked changing the router password - Success!

How can you change the password, if you can't log in to the router?

forestdweller
Scholar

Used the "WPS" button on the router and it successfully connected to my desktop PC without the need for a password. One connected I could access the router.

Jayach
Elite 3

Ah, that makes sense, didn't think about WPS.🙂

forestdweller
Scholar

Just to tidy up - my first payment went through without a hitch BUT my account still says I have no payment method set up!  I'm still not enamoured with the website - it seems very flaky. However my move from BT 'seems' to have worked OK. Time will tell 🙂.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes.they are brutal.worst mistake ever made