cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forestdweller
Scholar

Account Setup Anomalies

I’m becoming disillusioned with NOW Broadband even before my service starts!

Attempts to sign up online on 25 July failed with error messages. After contacting NOW they set up my account over the ‘phone. However no E-Mails confirming this received. Another ‘phone call later and it was discovered that they had entered my E-Mail address incorrectly, so no messages to me. This was corrected.

I then discovered that according to my online account details I had no payment details set up. Two ‘phone calls on 27 July and 2 August and I was assured on both occasions that payment details were correctly set up and I have no need to worry! However I still have no payment details showing within my account details.

Now on 3 August the due date for my Router to be dispatched there is no sign in my account that this has actually happened - It still shows “Dispatching soon”.

While all the staff were polite and tried to reassure me - nothing actually gets done! I’m dreading Monday 8 August when my service is due to go live as I have no confidence in assurances given me to date given the lack of any obvious attempts to bring my account up to date.

Am I right to worry?

17 REPLIES 17
Jayach
Elite 3

It does sound like things have not gone well so far.

Personally, if the online setup doesn't work, I would go elsewhere, I trust the computer far more than I trust people.

If your "go live" date is the 8th, there is still time to get the router.

I hope it works out for you.

forestdweller
Scholar

Yes, I wish I had now, but gave them the benefit of the doubt initially. I'll call again and see if they think the router has been dispatched. I'll also (politely) remind them that my account is still not reflecting what they are telling me.

I also note the forum gave your response to me as timed at 24:18 - There's no such time as it should be 00:18! What chance do I have if NOW can't even tell the time ☹️

forestdweller
Scholar

I called NOW again today, 4 August. NOW confirm that the Router has NOT been dispatched! The reason given is that the selected supplier has no stock! They will expedite a manual order to be sent today from another supplier for arrival on 5 or 6 August. Still no payment details showing on my account. I'm committed now as the deadline for informing BT that I want to stay with them has just expired. To say I'm worried would be an understatement.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@forestdweller 

Could you not give BT a call to give them an update and indicate you actually might want to stay?

Shall I assume it was down to cost for you making the switch from BT to NOW?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
forestdweller
Scholar

Apparently the end date for BT is final. I prevaricated until today and now it's too late anyway. Yes the reason for the switch is purely financial. I've long been out of contract and been too lazy to do anything about it until now. The renewal terms offered by BT were not competitive, so decided to move. It's just unfortunate that the move is being so problematic and that NOW don't seem able to do anything about correcting the erroneous information that is on my account, and then to fail to ensure that the router was/is dispatched in good time. Thanks for the response.

chilli2
Elite

When I signed up it took a while for the router to come, and it was close to the activation day, within a day or so if I remember correctly with the online statuus stuck on despatching soon.

So I waited it out and everything turned out OK.

Payment wise, its credit card or debit (bank) card only, no direct debit.

forestdweller
Scholar

Thanks for the encouragement! With an activation date of 8 August (Monday) I only have one more working day (tomorrow) to make nuisance of myself with NOW, and 3 possible days for router delivery. I live in hope - no option really! I've given NOW my debit card details which they assure me they have although I've seen no signs of the £1 test transfer of funds they talk about.

forestdweller
Scholar

At last! I now have a tracking number which strongly suggests that my router will actually be dispatched. The earliest possible date for delivery would seem to be Saturday 6 August - just in time for Monday 8 August activation date. Fingers crossed and my thanks to those that have read and contributed to this thread. I will continue to monitor and contribute once I feel that I have enough expertise to do so.

RoyB
Legend

Now really should send out a free blood pressure monitor with every new Broadband order 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.