cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A sorry saga - Subscribe to Now TV Broadband at your peril

Two months ago, Now TV was doing a special summer offer for broadband at £20 per month.  I thought this was a good deal, but that’s where my positive experience with Now TV ends.

My installation date came and went.  BT Openreach turned up, but decided they couldn't install the line because there was a tree between my line and the pole!  Okay, that's not Now TV's fault, but the way it was handled is.  I obviously can't contact Openreach myself, so I need to go through them and they don't make that easy.  They never once contacted me with an update.  Indeed, despite being promised multiple callbacks, they never came and I had to chase them constantly.  Three weeks passed before they arranged for BT to come back, when an amazing engineer took control of the situation and installed the service.  Now TV didn't miss a beat there and the first (non-generic) email I got from them since I signed up was a bill - about 10 minutes after the line installation completed.  No apology, just a note saying they were taking my money!!

Following the service going live (on 3 October), I submitted a complaint, which has been open since.  During that time, I've been told time and again that someone will be in contact with me within 48 - 72 hours.  That never happens and every time I call up, I'm told the manager dealing with my query is off!  It's strange that my complaint has been through four or five managers and every time I ask for an update, the manager has "had a few days booked off".

I'm sick of waiting for Now TV to make me a sensible offer of compensation for having to endure three weeks without broadband and a home phone and have requested a dead lock letter, so I can take my complaint to the ombudsman.  However, they continually refuse to do that, telling me only the complaints department can issue such a letter.

That leads me onto the next problem - I was told my complaint has been escalated to the complaints department and they will contact me within 48 hours.  Needless to say 48 hours later and I've not heard anything - I contacted them and was told my complaint was still sat with a shift manager to respond!

I have saved transcripts of all my conversations and they read like a catalogue of failed promised and downright lies.

My advice to you, if you're considering taking Now TV (specifically broadband, but I wouldn't be surprised if their TV service is equally bad), is do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.  You may get lucky, but if you have any problems at all - you're on your own, Now TV don't care.  Just take a look at Trust Pilot; there are countless examples of how poor the Now TV customer service is.

As for my situation, if I don't get a reply by the end of the week, I'll be forced to go straight to the ombudsman and explain that Now TV are unwilling to engage with me and that they won't issue a deadlock letter.

0 REPLIES 0