cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A mobile phone is calling my landline, continuously.

A friend called my landline phone from his mobile yesterday and it seems to be stuck on repeat, calling me continuously every 2 or 3 minutes and leaving a message which consists of a buzzing noise and some bleeps. He has tried removing the battery from his mobile phone but this just keeps on and on and on. I cannot use my landline phone because as soon as I connect the power I get this mobile number showing up calling me. I have tried answering it but all I hear is a buzzing noise and a few bleeps, My home phones are BT4600 DECT phones in two groups and if I power off one group it makes no difference this call keeps on and on.  I turned everything off last night but as soon as I connected to the landline this morning  I get this mobile phone calling me. Could this be a fault in my DECT phones ?  My friend says his mobile phone is working normally but I cannot use my landline. 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use this link to check the status of your line. Then use the second link to get the number to call the team in order to get it fixed.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/fix-problems-with-my-phone

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, I will try that.

Jayach
Elite 3

I was going to say it sounds like a problem in your device. Can you test with a standard wired phone?

If you are using DECT, it is always worth having a wired phone as well, as that will work even in a power-cut. (until we are all on FTTP/VoIP)

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Your friend has caused, or at least triggered, this issue, irregardless of where the fault might be.

Therefore, you should ask him to work outwards from his call, and inform his provider about this issue, and get them to follow it up.

Even if the repeated calls are not originating from that provider’s network, they might have some idea how an issue like this is caused, and how to address it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.