cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

I have now been on Live Chat 3 times, emailed twice and still no result. I have been told I have an IRELAND card, because I have a bank of ireland UK VISA DEBIT. I live in Northern Ireland - PART OF THE UK. My card literally has UK visa debit written on it.

Everytime I talk to someone new they tell me the same thing, which is ridicuous as I live in the UK and have a UK card.

Each time I enter in my card details it comes up with the message "We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

Can anyone help?

261 Replies
Michael-H
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: "We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

@carolineadams12

Totally see how frustrating this is. Although it's The Bank of Ireland and possibly registered in the UK, unfortunately we have no way around this on our system. Smiley Sad

Is there any way that you have a card that was registered in the UK apart from the mentioned card?

Let us know how you get on!

Michael

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Mackeroo53
Advocate

Won't accept my new card details

This is the second time I would like to take advantage of an offer but can't as every time I enter my new card details its states it's invalid. As suggested I've tried to also do this via home computer but same message comes up. Very frustrating. Can you advise how to amend this please before the latest offer finishes.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Won't accept my new card details

Hi @Mackeroo53

Sorry to hear that 😞

Which details are coming up as invalid - payment or sign in? Have you double checked with your bank that online purchases can be done using this card (or is the bank is blocking any new transactions)?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Mackeroo53
Advocate

Hi
It's states that my card details aren't valid. There are no problems with using my card for online purchases.

0 Thanks
Ranj-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Mackeroo53

Very sorry to hear this. Can you make sure that the billing address is the same as on the card please. Maestro or AMEX are not accepted I'm afraid. 

Can you let us know what message you get when you try to enter your details.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
KennethGraham
Advocate

"We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

Hi can someone help, i have had now tv since january and had no problem with it until yesterday when i got an email saying they they could not take the payment for this month and i had to update card details, i went on the update card details page and it keeps saying "We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again". i have a visa debit card and i know all the details i put in are correct 

0 Thanks
PETER121044

CARD

Hello i just bought my father a how box with a  entertanment pass. Gone to redeam the ticket and its saying that i have to put a card number and all other details in that i would rather not could you explane why if its a FREE 3 mouths pass you have to do this.

Thanks Simon 

0 Thanks
KennethGraham
Advocate

is anyone able to help?

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KennethGraham

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to add your card details. 

Can you please make sure your card details match your billing address? 

You can try clicking on purchasing a pass, you should then be prompted to enter card details, can you try to enter them at this stage. 

If you still encounter this issue, can you please try with a different card, if this card get's accepted, try to change your card details again and update them with the card you wish to use. 

You may also want to get in touch with your bank to make sure they are not blocking any payments. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks