cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am being told that my activity limit has been reached despite the fact that I only have 3 devices registered and have one swap remaining this month (according to my devices management page). Why is this?

Also, my device management page wasn't working at all (blank screen) on Google Chrome. Just so's you know...

Kind regards,

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Similar thing happened to me last month.

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can everyone please stop using Netflix and Amazon as examples as to why Now TV should have unlimited devices for you all. They are not the same services at all.

Netflix and Amazon are CATCH UP services, Now TV offers catch up and LIVE TV. Big difference.

There's a law, and it's called Digital Rights Management (DRM).

Basically, streaming services don't have as much restriction as live broadcast and, as it's not live, they can use multi DRM engines for browsers, but with live TV there are only so many DRM options, so the likes of anyone who provides a live TV service (Sky, Now TV, Virgin, BT, Talk Talk, etc.), they will all be bound by DRM and unable to offer the same sort of service as catch up/on demand sites like Netflix and Amazon.

I don't work for Sky or Now TV, and I'm not affiliated with either, I just undersatand how many rules and regulations there are for live broadcast, so it's not as simple as just allowing unlimited devices use a single account.

Hopefully this helps you to understand the reason why Now TV don't, or can't offer unlimited device access.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky own NowTV. They have a lot of clout. In the 4 years of complaints regarding this, you would think that they would have been able to negotiate a contract whereby the option to dispense with the 'live channels' would lift the device restriction, if that's the real reason. Seriously, a much larger device limit is not unreasonable these days. It's bordering on offensive to the user's intelligence to think it unreasonable. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the same issue the manage devixe section says i have only 2 devices registerd but i tried to use now tv on my xbox one and it it saying youve reached the maximum numver of devices and used your one month permitted change even though on the manage device section i have only 2 devices registerd.

i would like Now TV to sort this out please.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've reached your device limit. If you've watched on four different devices in the past then the device limit rules kick in, where you can now only add one new device a month, even if you delete several.

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I can't add a device, despite this site saying that I can add one more this month.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Have you checked to make sure you have one of your four device slots empty? If so have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.