cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: ANy plans to change the moronic 4 device limit?

I have ten devices in my house I want to use NowTV on, Netflix is cool with this, they're all in my house, they're all just for me. 

4 devices is the dumbest, most moronic, pulled out of thin air bit of restriction I've ever seen. Change it. Two devices at the same time, fine, 4 devices total, living in the past. 

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Highlighted
Mentor

"you've already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your now tv account"

I recently purchased Chromecast device, accessed my Now TV account and watch an episode of a series with success.
Days later, returning to the Google Home app and print to continue watching, I received the following error code "you've already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your now tv account"
So far as I'm aware I have three devices day up, (mobile, tablet and laptop) after deleting my TV however am still unable to cast from my mobile.
Can anyone help.
Thanks in advance

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Tags (1)
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Registered device not recognised

I recently purchased Chromecast device, accessed my Now TV account and watch an episode of a series with success.
Days later, returning to the Google Home app and print to continue watching, I received the following error code "you've already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your now tv account"
So far as I'm aware I have three devices day up, (mobile, tablet and laptop) after deleting my TV however am still unable to cast from my mobile.
Can anyone help.
Thanks in advance

0 Thanks
Mentor

Now receiving a new error message from Google Chromecast " sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. Etc etc despite this working 2 days ago...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ryan-London,

It sounds as though your device limit count requires refreshing. Which can be performed by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

With regard to your 'HDMI streaming' issue. NOW TV does not permit portable devices with their own display screens (ie: mobile phones and tablets) to be connected to larger external display screens.

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Too many devices

Hi NowTV team,

I added now TV to 1 device yesterday and took it off two. I'm being told i can't add it to my second new device and that i can only add now TV to one new device each month.

Please can you change my account setting so i can add nowTV to one more device this month. I can understand why you would limit the amount of devices i put NowTv on but not how quickly i can change the devices.

Kind regards,

Matt

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Too many devices

@Barrettino Usually the "Live Chat" team will sort this out for you (see the post above yours for info). However, that said unless you absolutely must have your other device added tonight, why not wait until tomorrow - new month and all.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Removing devices and adding a new device

Hi - I am new to now tv

I have cleared all of my devices thinking i there was a problem.

Now i am stuck without being able to watch anything on any of my devices.

Please can you help?

Thanks

R

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Removing devices and adding a new device

@Rgp_Csm pop on to chat, click the red text at bottom of my post. Explain what has happened and they can reset the devices for you.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi,

I am being told that my activity limit has been reached despite the fact that I only have 3 devices registered and have one swap remaining this month (according to my devices management page). Why is this?

Also, my device management page wasn't working at all (blank screen) on Google Chrome. Just so's you know...

Kind regards,

0 Thanks