cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am so fed up with this. I have had to wait a month to change my 2 white boxes over to black ones and now when at last I can do the second one the 'manage devices' section on this website is not working at all.

All I get is the spinning logo: Probably I would imagine, because the system is overloaded with us all trying to use it to make these ridiculous changes juggling our devices.

So archaic and stupid.

We paid for this so pull your finger out and get this mess sorted NOWTV!!

Why is there zero customer service contact to sort out all these problems too?

Why are we having to resort to making complaints through a forum?!?

Hi @Anonymous User

To get to customer services. Click the link I have given you below and then click the corresponding button for either live chat or email

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

(It is best to use a PC/Mac to contact customer services)

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I would also like to express my dissatisfaction at this service. We watch on 2 chromecasts and these are controlled by 2 android phones. Thats all our devices used up. It's much too restrictive, totally unnecessary and if it does not change I dont see us continuing to use this service.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't believe that nearly 2 years after you and many others have raised this issue Sky haven't done anything about it.  I'm actually shocked.  I registered for this service because of a deal on Black Friday.  I've logged the service in on my daughters smart TV in her room and since taken up Sky Sports because she's mad on her football.  She has an iPod and an iPad, I have an iPad and an iPhone and my mrs has an iPad and an iPhone.  We've registered it on our living room TV and I've put it on my phone to use on train journeys.  So that's 3 devices.  I've got a TV in the Kitchen, the conservatory and we've only got one more device we can use.  The reality, which I've not told the family is that I've used the last one on my iPad before knowing there was this stupid limit.  I only found out because my personal battery ran out today and in between jobs I wanted to watch the darts so tried to register my work phone.  

So between the 3 of us we have 3 phones, 3 iPads, an iPod, a Laptop, a desktop, 5 TV's - 14 devices in total.  There would never be an occasion where we would need to stream on more than 2 devices and I totally understand why you would restrict that but to limit the devices you can use is completely backward.  It's like saying look at this new Sky Now TV service - it's flexible, you can use it on the go but only if you carry the same TV around with you meaning it's completely non flexible and entirely behind Netflix, Amazon and BT Sport (which I've just got today free with my new EE contract).  

I don't think I'll be renewing Sky Sports after this first month, nor will I be renewing the entertainment package once that expires.  It's 2017 in a couple of days and Sky are like just hearing about Netflix as if it's 2010.  Where's the innovation?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A ridiculous policy. Remember why I left NowTV in the first place. Will do so again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a NowTV box in the bedroom, NowTV on my youngest son's XBox, NowTV on my BT YouView box (only works with movies, be warned) and now my oldest son wants NowTV too, only he travels a lot and might want NowTV on his phone for when he travels but on his PC when he's home and does not want to watch on the small screen. I would also like NowTV on my laptop for when I'm working away from home for extended periods. This used to work fine when I was with NetFlix but like a fool I decided I wanted Sky1 as this channel was not on offer through BT and we're all hooked on all the DC shows. Your limitations is a HUGE minus in the "Cons" column. I don't think I can carry on with such a limited service. Please tell me there are plans to change this in the future. This system is just ridiculous. Not even the DC shows make up for it.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User even if they increased the total device limit, you still have the issue of only being able to watch on two devices at same time. How often are you and your son both away at same time?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That, I can manage. We are not away at the same time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyway, if NOWTV enforce a two concurrent streams limit anyway, what is the point of, or justification for, such a low device limit. I'm almost out of prepaid NOWTV time but if they have no plans of changing this I'm going back to NetFlix. At least I can have up to six devices with them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two devices at the same time I can live with. It's less than ideal but it's a restriction that I can have some oversight with. In a home where each family member have up to three devices each plus perhaps two or three further shared devices the four device limit is rather 1984. Since you ask, we are quite often away at the same time and that will be the case more often in the near future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have ten devices in my house I want to use NowTV on, Netflix is cool with this, they're all in my house, they're all just for me. 

4 devices is the dumbest, most moronic, pulled out of thin air bit of restriction I've ever seen. Change it. Two devices at the same time, fine, 4 devices total, living in the past.