cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have changed NO devices whatsoever. I simply  cannot log to them because of that error I mentioned. I deleted one and then another and cannot log to the remining ones, specifically the Now TV BOX .

What good to me is to speak live to somebody to be told "sorry, we're trying to fix this", as this is already mentioned on the service status?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have changed NO devices whatsoever. I simply  cannot log to them because of that error I mentioned. I deleted one and then another and cannot log to the remining ones, specifically the Now TV BOX .

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Unfortunately the NOW TV service does not permit instant device changes. Currently you are permitted to change just one registered device per month. Which will only come into effect at the beginning of the new month!

@Anonymous User wrote:

What good to me is to speak live to somebody to be told "sorry, we're trying to fix this", as this is already mentioned on the service status?

As I mentioned previously, for 'forced' device limit resetting (ie: refreshing your device list and starting again) you will need contact a NOW TV representative. Which it sounds like you need to do.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Unfortunately the NOW TV service does not permit instant device changes. Currently you are permitted to change just one registered device per month. Which will only come into effect at the beginning of the new month!

That's not true.  It comes into effect at the same time.

FWIW  I just open a new account when I buy a sports day/week pass and I want to watch it on a new device.  Saves a lot of bother.  Allows me to watch sports while the other two devices are used for movies particularly on a bank holiday weekend.  Daft restriction for one off passes.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

That's not true.  It comes into effect at the same time.

Only vacant device slots are immediately available @Anonymous User.

Once all four of your available device slots have been occupied you are allowed one device change per month. Which comes into effect at the beginning of the new month.

device slots.PNG

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Once all four of your available device slots have been occupied you are allowed one device change per month. Which comes into effect at the beginning of the new month.

Not true.  If I have four devices today then on June 1  I can swap one and it will take effect on June 1 NOT on 1 July.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Indeed if you remove a device in May, you can add a new one in June. I have no idea why you are mentioning July!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Currently you are permitted to change just one registered device per month. Which will only come into effect at the beginning of the new month!

That's why.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now TV stopped working after I deleted a device, it then recognised the device as a new device thus the fifth device for the month. Now I can't access the account as I have exceeded my allotted number of devices for the month.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It sounds as though your device limit count requires refreshing. Which can be performed by contacting a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello
when I go on to my phone or the now tv box it comes up and tells me I have the maximum number of changes for the month but when I go on to my account it says that the are both registered