cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyceum
Mentor

Re: Device limit too restrictive.

I came to have a moan about this too. I accept the 4 device limit, it's ridiculous but it is what it is. What bugs me the most is that once I remove a device I can't add another device for 30 days.

I bought a samsung tablet, it turned out to be faulty so I returned it and bought an different model, which I now can't add because I have two roku boxes and an iPad already added. Delete the samsung tablet only to find out I can't add the new tablet until 1st of June.

What idiot thought that up? What difference does it make deleting and adding a device the same day?

I realise you want people to buy a Sky subscription, so place restrictions on NowTV in the hope people will then go agh screw this, and get a full sky sub. When in actual fact you're simply losing customers to netflix.

For house holds with teenagers or more then two people NowTV is utterly useless.

Thank god for Netflix and Amazon prime.

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Device limit too restrictive.

@Lyceum wrote:

...What bugs me the most is that once I remove a device I can't add another device for 30 days. 

Agreed. Hopefully this restriction can be looked at again and lifted altogether 😉

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Highlighted
Shane83
Advocate

Re: maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

So over a year and you still haven't sorted this issue out..???

Shane83
Advocate

Error code 6003

What an absolute joke it is that we are paying for a service and getting this code since last night "half way through a film" when we haven't added or used anymore devices than usual.!! I brag to all my friend about how now tv is so great but I'm starting to think the opposite now and considering moving to an Amazon fire stick which bare in mind I can get for free, for life.!!! It is stupid enough that you can only use two devices at once seen as I have 3 kids with 4 bedrooms in the house all requiring now tv as the other bedrooms don't have a tv arial to then get this stupid code half way through the night.!! I have read plenty of complaints on this forum from over a year ago with this exact complaint and still nothing is sorted ?? Are you trying to make people move to sky or amazon ? We are paying for a service that we CAN NOT USE.......

Tags (1)
0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

@Shane83 as far as Now is concerned it is not a fault. Much as it would be handy for us to be able to use or register more devices as users.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Error code 6003

You have a good point here @Shane83 about the limitations of Now for families. I normally suggest splitting kids passes and entertainment/movies for people with kids so the kids can watch on their devices and parents on theirs. However with 3 kids you would still run into the devices issue if all 3 wanted to watch at same time.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
neuroshade
Advocate

sports pass

i bought a sports pass...tried watching it...said i had reached my device limit... so i removed 3 devices.... now its still not letting me watch and still saying im at my limit

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: sports pass

Hi and welcome to the forum @neuroshade,

As you may or may not be aware, the NOW TV service permits you to register up-to four playback devices and view their service on up-to two at the same time. You can find out which devices you currently have registered by selecting the: 'My Account' button and accessing 'Manage Devices'.

Ordinarily you are permitted to change one registered device per month. However, for 'forced' device limit resetting you will need contact a NOW TV representative, which can be done via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility (but please be aware they are not obliged to perform this service). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

0 Thanks
jslate1980
Advocate

All Now tv devices dropped as I have used my allowance of devices

Hi

Randomly none of the devices that are currently connected to my account, will allow me access to view  content. It brings an error saying I have used my allowance of devices, but this is happening to all my devices and I haven't removed them or readded them to my account.

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

Re: All Now tv devices dropped as I have used my allowance of devices

@jslate1980 wrote:

Hi

Randomly none of the devices that are currently connected to my account, will allow me access to view  content. It brings an error saying I have used my allowance of devices, but this is happening to all my devices and I haven't removed them or readded them to my account.

Hi @jslate1980 Seems like a strnage issue. Any of your devices have any updates recently? I'll send you an email an we can sort it from there?

0 Thanks