cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree, very annoying, I will be cancelling my subscription as a can never watch when I want too.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately the device limit has always been in place and is a bit of a pain, once you've added your initial four devices you can only add one new device each month even if you delete several. There is no real logic other than it is a similar system to Sky Store and Sky Go and probably is partly to do with negotiations within Sky and with studios to allow their content to be streamed (you get access to brand new content at the same time as it is shown live on Sky channels)

If you run into occasional issues you can have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

and click the Start Live Chat button.

However while they are usually good about helping out with occasional extra changes they'll tell you to wait if you ask too often so you'd really need to decide which of the 8 devices you are likely to use the most and add them as your 4 allowed.

The other alternative is to set up a second account that you can add the other 4 devices to, but you will need to buy passes on both accounts thus costing more.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your explanation. I got the corporate spiel from their support agent already. And I have looked at their policy. The implication of this hit home when I recently retired our ages old devices and bought new ones. Friday evening and I want to catch up with a show and lo and behold I cannot view it.  I was able to add a device after waiting 45 minutes to speak to a support agent. I could only get to know this workaround by searching the internet. Older people would be just clueless.

As I said, the policy is just silly. Now TV and Sky should be transparent about the logic of this policy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have always believed the device amount was ridiculous as I use Chromecast so I can go from the lounge to the bedroom etc I have no problems with Netflix or Amazon and use them more often I have now been sent a sky now box I take it that will count at a device. We would like the freedom to use our phones, tablets or Chromecast there is only two of us using the system so why not just restrict streams like the others

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this ever going to change, NowTV is the only one that has a device limit of 4, and the fact that you have to wait a month to add a new device is ######. Yet years later its still a issue and yet prices are higher, when is this going to be more like amazon video or netflix where your only restricked to device viewing limit. ? we pay to watch it we should be able to watch it on what ever device we want at any time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this device limit thing, and not being able to update your device list until 1st of month, is crazy! I wasn't sure whether Prison Break was on Now TV to watch, so I downloaded the app on my phone and signed in and I was happy that I was able to watch it and decided I would watch it later on my laptop... so I tried to watch it on my laptop and it would not work because of this restriction and so I had to hold my phone and watch on a 3.5 in screen. I usually would watch on my Smart TV at home, but I am away from home this week. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello im having a problem i have come home to a message on my now tv box saying i have used up my monthly allowances and cant add another device ? 6003 code, i have reset my password and logged out of all the devices i could watch now tv on and still none of them even including the devices registered are not playing any moves or fiilms this is really frustrating because i cant watch any movies or live tv and ive only had my device less then 2 weeks can i please get this solves would be much apreciated 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I added a device the other day and then deleted it but its still saying ive got too many devices and i'm only permitted to have one. Even though I only have one. Can you help please?