cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I would like to add my view. We also have 3 tabets, 2 phones, 2 tvs and a laptop all of which would be useful to watch now tv on. Having a restriction is stupid today. It would even help if you at least took away the 1 change a month! At least then I could change which device is used with my family rather than being treated like a child restricting my use. I would even pay more if these limits were relaxed, pay per change for instance
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I also find frustrating as I got my iPhone , Roku, Apple TV, and my daughters hudl be great if had more devices as then my wife can have it on her iPhone , iPad to watch at work when not busy plus my sons phone and hudl
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just allow us to watch 4 devices at the same time not 2 ....who buys just 2 boxes not me .
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'd like to see this limit either lifted or increased, especially with Chromecast's registering as devices and need your phone to be registered, so to watch on a Chromecast you use two device slots up.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I'd like to see this limit either lifted or increased, especially with Chromecast's registering as devices and need your phone to be registered, so to watch on a Chromecast you use two device slots up.

I agree - There is a workaround for chromecast but inevitably it is inconvenient.

I can accept watching on no more than two devices at the same time (like Amazon, even if four like Netflix would be better) but you should be able to register up to ten (like Amazon, Netflix seems to have no such restriction).  Four is very restrictive in this day and age though better than Virgin Anywhere which only allows two devices and will force you to register anew if there is any sort of upgrade to your device.

Ultimately with Netflix/Amazon/Now/Virgin Tivo we could watch 10 simultaneous streams and a broadcast (more with Freeview) and record two shows which should be more than enough for a family of four.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

This may come as a surprise, but your phone or tablet does not need to be registered as a device to use a chromecast for NowTV. Remember, with NowTV a device only becomes registered when you watch NowTV content on it for the first time. If you don't want your phone or tablet to be registered as a device put the NowTV app in cast mode before you start streaming content then only the chromecast will become a registered device.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just come here to vent frustration of the device limits - seriously Now TV, sort it out! I have no issue with the concurrency limit, although an increase here would be good, the main issue is the registration limit of 4 which is just so antiquated. There are 3 Roku's, 3 iPad's, and a Microsoft Surface in my household. All of them have access to Amazon and Netflix. 

Personally I'd be fine with paying a bit more to have the registration limit increased. 

osm
Mentor

Just wanted to add another voice to this.

The limits are clearly out of touch with the times. As indicated by the original poster, many households nowadays will have more than 4 devices on which you might want to watch Now TV.

And limiting to only one change per month exacerbates the issue.

Keep the restriction on max simultaneous streams (I'd like an option to pay a supplement to increase this from 2 to 3, but that's a separate issue) and get rid of the the device limits.

Legend 5
Legend 5
It would be nice if you could watch on all 4 devices at same time rather than just 2 of the 4.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

These device limits are an ABSOLUTE JOKE!

Who the hell thought  up such a stupid policy? You are trying to compete with Netflix...yet your service costs more, offers less, AND has stupid monthly device restrictions.

As an example, I have just updated 2 computers to Windows 10 (fresh install). Doing so seems to have turned them into entirely new computers as determined by your servers. As such, two laptops that had been working perfectly are now no longer able to access NowTV. I will only be able to re-add ONE next month...and then the other the month after.

I am paying for this service...but I cannot use the devices. This is an absolute joke --- and it all but guarantees that I will be cancelling your service.

Wake up - start living in the real world. Do exactly as Netflix do....allow unlimited devices, but add stream limits. Your current system is ridiculous.

(ANNOYED!)