cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrphil
Scholar

Re: Remove device limit restriction

Just come here to vent frustration of the device limits - seriously Now TV, sort it out! I have no issue with the concurrency limit, although an increase here would be good, the main issue is the registration limit of 4 which is just so antiquated. There are 3 Roku's, 3 iPad's, and a Microsoft Surface in my household. All of them have access to Amazon and Netflix. 

Personally I'd be fine with paying a bit more to have the registration limit increased. 

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

MrLowe
Advocate

Re: Device limit too restrictive.

I have to agree with all thats been said..

I have a family of 2 adults 3 boys..

so with each room consisting of Living Room, 4 x Bedrooms, and My Mrs Uses the Spare Room as crafting room.

that equates to 6 TV's that potentailly we use Now TV on.

Now add to that the Kids like to use there iPads and maybe myself or the Mrs will on our Mobiles.

that then equates to potentially, 3 x Tablets and 2 x Mobiles

That means in my house alone, that there is at least 11 Devices we potentially will watch Now TV on, not concurently but as we move about the home, or out side of the home with our mobile devices.

this does not take into account, the consoles we own, any macbook or laptops. so realistically I could say i have 20+ devices in my house I can potentially register to Now TV.

As it stands right now, we cannot even register all of these deivces! and to swap them around involves waiting months, its the most arkward and un consumer practice ive ever come across.

as a Large family its pretty normal to expect 3-4 family members wanting to use the services at once..

This is why on Netflix we pay for the top package of 4K with unlimited registered devices and 4 streams.

It baffles me that you cannot even offer 1080p streams never mind the problems i mention above..

NOW TV really needs to allow unlimited registrations and offer an option for an additional (and resonable) cost.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks

I also find this an issue, when using chrome cast I loos a divice as my phone controlling the chrome cast must be one of the four divices and the chrome cast as well that two divises use up just for one tv. Dont have this issue with Netflix or Amazon.

4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

@samuelducroq the phone or tablet controlling the Chromecast doesn't have to be a device if you cast before playing content.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

ronismagic
Advocate

NOW TV, I have literally just joined and found out about this rule. The streaming limit makes sense but why limit devices?

Between me and my partner we have 2 x iPhones, 2 x iPads, 2 x Laptops, 3 x Apple TVs, an Xbox and a main PC. You're also going to send us a NOW TV Smart box. That's 12 devices.

I'm guessing you have this rule in place to stop different households or friends/family sharing a subscription, that's fair enough but I've thought of a solution; why not limit streaming via wifi to one IP address and then allow 2 x Mobile devices. Still only allow 2 streams at once, I'd even be happy with 1 stream if you allowed more than 4 devices to be connected.

Imagine paying monthly for electricity but only being able to use 4 registered deivices in your household, or only being able to call 4 people from your monthly phone contract. It's stupid.

I'm probably going to cancel during my cooling off period because of this stupid rule.

otilia_x
Advocate

Wow, it has been two year since this post, and nothing has changed. Actually it got even worse. If you have four devices, now you are allowed to change a device once a month? Ridiculous... 

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

NOW TV is very different to Amazon and Netflix as they offer live streaming of popular UK subscription television channels (which, from what I understand, is a mandatory requirement of providing their internet based service)!

If/when the other companies offer the same services as NOW TV, only then can proper comparisons be made between them all, including the subject of device limits...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Edmund53
Advocate

I have always believed the device amount was ridiculous as I use Chromecast so I can go from the lounge to the bedroom etc I have no problems with Netflix or Amazon and use them more often I have now been sent a sky now box I take it that will count at a device. We would like the freedom to use our phones, tablets or Chromecast there is only two of us using the system so why not just restrict streams like the others

Re: DEVICE LIMIT

Is this ever going to change, NowTV is the only one that has a device limit of 4, and the fact that you have to wait a month to add a new device is ######. Yet years later its still a issue and yet prices are higher, when is this going to be more like amazon video or netflix where your only restricked to device viewing limit. ? we pay to watch it we should be able to watch it on what ever device we want at any time.

SamaSoft
Advocate

Re: DEVICE LIMIT

I think this device limit thing, and not being able to update your device list until 1st of month, is crazy! I wasn't sure whether Prison Break was on Now TV to watch, so I downloaded the app on my phone and signed in and I was happy that I was able to watch it and decided I would watch it later on my laptop... so I tried to watch it on my laptop and it would not work because of this restriction and so I had to hold my phone and watch on a 3.5 in screen. I usually would watch on my Smart TV at home, but I am away from home this week.